Rapid City, South Dakota
Upcoming Events in Rapid City South Dakota
|10 - 12||
Black Hills Sports Show and Sale
- Check out all of the newest recreational vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, campers, and fishing and hunting equipment. Sporting goods and vacation information, too. Seminars for all ages.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center , Rapid City, South Dakota
|8 - 9||
Dakota Territory Gun Collectors Gun Show
- Generally new and antique guns, collectibles, ammunition, supplies, art, antique items, etc.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City , Rapid City, South Dakota
|29 - 30||
Black Hills Home Builders Home Improvement Expo
- This annual regional trade show focuses on the home building industry and is the largest Home Show in the United States for a community of its size. Created and sponsored by the Black Hills Home Builders Association in 1973, the event offers vital information and is an excellent opportunity for businesses to display products and services. Plan now to become part of the Home Show which traditionally hosts over 400 booths with 8,000 people attending in a three day period.
Address: Held at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|2 - 4||
Black Hills Quilters Guild Annual Show
- Along with about 400 plus competition quilts, there will be several special quilt displays such as Caring Heart and Thinking of You quilts and Stashbuster quilts which are displayed in the demo room. The show will feature vendors from all over the country, offering fabrics, embellishments, patterns, books and more, as well as, demonstrators and lecturers. A silent auction to benefit Hospice House of the Black Hills will offer handmade little quilts and quilted objects, from true miniatures to table runners, along with other unique items. A certified AQS appraiser will be available during show hours to do professional appraisals of quilts.
the guild will have an area set up to make quilts for Project Warmth, the charity outreach division of the BHQG. Sewing machines, pre-cut fabric, and anything else you will need to piece a quilt will be provided, along with experienced quilters to answer questions and provide assistance. This is an opportunity to donate some time and for anyone with little or no sewing experience to give quilting a try.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|17 - 18||
West Boulevard Summer Festival
- The Annual Festival will feature over 100 food and crafts booths. Artisans from Rapid City and as far away as Wisconsin. There will be horse-drawn wagon tours of the historic West Boulevard neighborhood with a guide who tells about the history of the homes. Other activities include food, arts and crafts, children's activities, entertainment, and a historic booth with historic photos. Held at Wilson Park.
Address: Wilson Park. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|22 - 25||
Black Hills Heritage Festival
- The Black Hills Heritage Festival has grown from a small, downtown arts fair attracting 400 visitors, to Western South Dakota's largest free-to-the-public outdoor art and music festival with an estimated attendance of 50,000 - 70,000.
This year's event will feature a Heritage Stage and Children's Tent; Traditional Children's Pow-Wow, Folk and Fine Art exhibits, Main Stage and Acoustic Stage entertainment spread out along the beautiful winding sidewalk of Memorial Park.
You can contact our Festival President, Steve Dary at 605-209-4339, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website, www.bhheritagefest.com will also provide current entertainment information, activities and vendor rules and information.
Address: Rapid City Memorial Park , Rapid City, South Dakota
|15||Mustang and Ford Club of the Black Hills Car Show - Annual all-Ford collector car and truck show. This show is held with the Rapid City Heritage Festival at the Rapid City Civic Center. Vehicle registration starts at 8 a.m. and the show is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Vehicles can be entered in judged classes or as show-only. Limited dash plaques for first 75 cars. Not all cars will receive a trophy. Entry fee for judged classes is $15.|
|22 - 23||
Western Dakota Gem and Mineral Show
- This is the largest rock and gem show in the region. The show has lapidary demonstrations and seminars related to gems, minerals, rocks, and fossils. A silent auction of rocks, minerals, fossils, lapidary items is held. There are displays of collections, exhibits, fluorescent rocks and a children's area. Approximately 10 dealers of gems, beads, and specimens attend from several states.
Saturday, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Sunday, 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
|28 - 29||
Black Hills Square and Round Dance Festival
- Enjoy square and round dancing at this annual festival.
Address: Christian Life Center, 3500 Canyon Lake Rd , Rapid City, South Dakota
|29||Annual Black Hills Music & Food Festival - This family friendly event features talented local musicians lighting up the stage while you enjoy food and drinks being served up by some of the most innovative caterers and top restaurants from the Black Hills. Games and activities are also available that will keep you having fun and entertained for the entire day!|
|30||Great Black Hills Duck Race - This annual event is a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network. About 18,000 rubber ducks are dropped off a bridge on west Main Street and float 1.5 miles to Memorial Park. Prizes are awarded to the top winners. (Ducks cost $5 each. Buy five ducks and get a free T-shirt.)|
|18 - 27||Central States Fair - Top-name grandstand entertainment, PRCA Rodeos, Supercross, Demolition Derby, Carnival, Beer Tent with Entertainment, Vendors, Kids Activities, and More.|
|31 - 3||5-State Breeders Barrel Futurity - Barrel racing futurity, barrel racing maturity, kids barrel racing, kids roping, and kids events are all part of this two day event in Rapid City.|
|16||MS Walk: Rapid City Walk - Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. This community event raises critical funds to support life-changing programs and cutting-edge research. It is an experience unlike any other — a day to come together, to celebrate the progress we’ve made and to show the power of our connections. Join friends, family and your community and walk to create a world free of MS. For more information and to register, visit myMSwalk.org.|
|30||Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival - Downtown's biggest festival, The Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival, returns on Saturday from 9am-4pm. Visit Main Street Square and venture down Sixth St. and into Memorial Park for a pumpkin catapult, giant pumpkin weigh-off, Kidz Zone, wagon rides, vendors and more. For event details, visit Main Street website.|
|30 - 1||
Black Hills Model Engineering Show
- The show is an invitational display of scale-model projects including gas and steam engines, boats, planes, etc. Active demonstrations of the model take place all day.
Address: Central States Fairgrounds, Fine Arts Building. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|6 - 8||
Black Hills Pow Wow (He Sapa Wacipi)
- There will be Native American dancing, drum singing contests, princess contest, youth day activities, art shows and expos.
Address: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. , Rapid City, South Dakota
|14 - 15||Black Hills Home Builders Fall Parade of Homes - This annual event features new construction homes throughout the Black Hills. Showcase of local builders' talents, new building ideas and more.|
|25||Festival of Lights Parade - The Annual Festival of Lights parade promises to provide a magical evening of bright lights, festive music, holiday spirit, and memories your family will cherish forever. The parade, always held the Saturday after Thanksgiving in downtown Rapid City, marks the official beginning of the Christmas season. More than 100 glowing floats, horse-drawn carriages, animated scenes on flatbed trucks, sparkling vehicles, and animals adorned with holiday dÃ©cor will make their way through the streets of downtown Rapid City as crowds gather and children's eyes glow with wonder. The Parade has earned its reputation as the premier winter event in SD.|