Upcoming Events in Salina Kansas
Craftapalooza & Fabulous Vintage Market
- CRAFTAPALOOZA & FABULOUS VINTAGE MARKET
is a one day shopping extravaganza featuring an eclectic blend of handmade items, artisan designs, bling & glam boutiques, antique & vintage bliss, sparkly jewels, home décor & inspiration, repurposed & funky junk along with FABuLOUS FINDS for your creative soul
|19 - 21||
Kansas State Button Society Annual Spring Show
- Public welcome! Please join us to view and learn about incredible works of art and history through the world of clothing buttons! 10 AM - 2 PM.
Competition and educational trays of antique, vintage, modern and studio clothing buttons will be on display.
Our showroom will host national button dealers offering buttons for sale!
|24 - 26||
Mid America Farm Expo
- One of the largest spring farm shows in the Midwest. Over 400 exhibits of farm equipment and supplies. Over 300 exhibits are on display representing approximately 275 companies from around the United States: Grain Storage, Farm Supplies, Educational Clinics, Farm & Ranch Equipment, Farm Buildings, Precision Electronics, Livestock Equipment. The Expo attracts over 10,000 people each year.
Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday 9am-4pm.
Well water testing daily from 10am-2pm.
Address: 800 The Midway, Tony's Pizza Events Center , Salina, Kansas
|28||YMCA 5K Trail Run - 5K trail fun run for the whole family and a 50 yard dash for the kids, to benefit the YMCA. The 5K run takes you through the river trails, walking paths, grass, and one street. You'll run 3 laps before crossing the finish line. The 50 yard dash starts on Westchester and finishes in the YMCA parking lot.|
Southeast of Saline Crimestoppers Fishing Derby
- Family Fun event. Casting Demonstration and Contest. Prizes for age 3 to 16 and 17+. Free Hot Dog and Drink Provided.
Address: North Shore Lakewood Park , Salina, Kansas
Central Kansas Flywheels Tractor and Car Show
- Demonstrations of rural and agricultural lifestyle including running Sawmill, Steam Engine, re-enactments, one-room school in session, and activities for the kids. Lunch available noon to 1:00. 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Address: 1100 W Diamond Dr, Yesteryear Museum , Salina, Kansas
- Multi-ethnic festival with games, music, food, and family entertainment. Noon-5pm.
Address: Oakdale Park , Salina, Kansas
|2||Kansas Tractor Club Tractor Drive - This is an annual Tractor Drive in Central Kansas. The cost is $15 per tractor. All tractors must be able to maintain a 10 mph speed limit. The route will be approximately 40 miles. The details of this years route will be upcoming. Please check our web page for more details. Lunch is provided with a donation.|
|11 - 14||
Smoky Hill River Festival
- SECOND WEEKEND - In Salina, the first breath of true summer is marked by the arrival of the Smoky Hill River Festival. A carousel of color and sound unfolding, the Festival presents a sophisticated palette of events in a refreshingly laid-back atmosphere. The Smoky Hill River Festival is an affordable pleasure oriented to all ages, rivaling big city events. Once you've experienced it, you won't miss it ever again!
The festival draws over 90,000 people to Salina's beautiful Oakdale Park. Join family and friends in experiencing the sights and sounds of extraordinary artists and entertainers from all over the world. 90 juried exhibiting artists, 50 juried craftspeople in four craft markets, 35 performing groups, 30 incredible food vendors, two & five mile runs, a 25 mile bike race, sand sculpture, and many kid's activities. GATES OPEN DAILY 10:00 AM.
Address: Oakdale Park , Salina, Kansas
|20||Wheat Harvest Days - Demonstrations of rural and agricultural lifestyle featuring horse-drawn binders, antique tractor binding and threshing, and working steam engine. 8 am.|
Annual Hook and Slice Golf Tournament
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Benefit Golf Tournament. The golf tournament will be a four person team scramble, with both a men and women division. The Hole Event Competitions include: Longest Drive Women’s, Longest Drive Men’s, Closest 2nd Shot, Longest Putt, and the renowned Hole-in-One.
Address: Salina Country Club Salina, KS , Salina, Kansas
Old Fashioned Fourth of July
- Old-fashioned fourth of July festival with, games, prizes, stage entertainment, food, drink, and family fun. Noon-4pm.
Address: Oakdale Park, Oakdale Dr & Center , Salina, Kansas
|23 - 26||
Salina Leadsled Spectacular Show & Shine
- the Leadsled Spectacular is recognized as "The World's Oldest & Most Established Traditional Kustom Car & Hotrodding Event."
LEADSLED SPECTACULAR AND Run What'Ya Brung Drags
Show & Shine @ Beautiful Oakdale Park - Drags @ E. Crawford Park
Hang-out w/over 1,500 Ol' Skool Kustoms, Hotrods & Drag Machines
Watch A Top-Chopped - R & R Bands - Famous Kustom & Hotrod Builders
Pin-Up Beauty Contest - Bicycle Spoke-tacular - Movie & TV Stars
Striper's - Swappers - Model Car & Truck Spectacular - $5,000-n-awards
Address: Beautiful Oakdale Park , Salina, Kansas
|5 - 9||
Tri Rivers Fair and Rodeo
- The county fair, a celebration of country living, includes a parade through downtown Salina, livestock judging and exposition, a carnival, 4-H events, exhibits and crafts, a demolition derby,an invitational draft horse show, bake sales, a belt buckle auction, a petting zoo, a pedal tractor pull and much more!.
Address: Saline County Expo Center and Bicentennial Center , Salina, Kansas
|8||Blessing of the Grapes, Harvest-Wine Festival - A day of fun-filled activity for the entire family. Kid's games, wine tasting for adults. Estate tours and demonstrations. 10am-7:30pm.|
|15 - 16||
Annual GEAR HEAD Swap Meet
- Car Parts, Hot Rod Parts, Tires, Wheels, Performance Accessories, You Name It. We are expecting this event to be spectacular. 2 Huge Days of Fun! Event will be held in a 16,000 square foot concrete parking lot just east of the New Ohio and pacific Overpass In Salina Kansas. If you want to set up a booth Contact Jason 785-342-4745. Spaces are 12 foot by 12 foot and are $50 in advance or $75 the day of the show. Concessions will be provided. Spots are filling up fast so call today.
Address: 888 N Ohio , Salina, Kansas
Craftapalooza & Vintage Market
- CRAFTAPALOOZA™ & FABULOUS VINTAGE MARKET
is a one day shopping extravaganza featuring an eclectic blend of handcrafted one of a kind items, artisan designs, bling & glam boutiques, antique & vintage bliss, sparkly jewels, home décor & inspiration, repurposed & funky junk along with FABuLOUS FINDS for your creative soul!
Jam & Slam
- The Salina Area Chamber of Commerce Jam & Slam tournament is held annually in September. This 3-on-3 Basketball tournament will take place at the corner of Ash and Santa Fe. Sign up today! $40 per team.
Address: 120 W. Ash , Salina, Kansas
Salina Tech Vehicle Extravaganza
- Come out and enjoy a fun filled day of viewing all sorts of cars at Salina Area Technical College. Almost 200 vehicles are expected across all categories. This is a FREE event to the community and it also features live music, food and a fun family atmosphere. Online registration will be available in early 2018. First Saturday in April.
|19||Smoky Hill Museum Street Fair - Everybody loves a parade - and food - and fun. And the Smoky Hill Museum Street Fair has it all! Don't miss the pancake feed, Salina Journal Chili Cool-off, inflatable rides and more. Centered around the Smoky Hill Museum, this one-day festival of fun is held annually the fourth Saturday of September. Celebrate the history and heritage of the Smoky Hills region with a downtown parade, stage entertainment, children's hands-on activities, inflatable rides and special activities for kids of all ages.|
|25 - 27||
- The Prairie Festival is The Land Institute's primary annual public event held over the last full weekend of September. Its themes vary from issues center around sustainability, environment and education. The festival features speakers, artists, music, drama, dancing, guided prairie walks, bird watching, children's activities, and food. It gives the Institute an opportunity to host visitors from across the country while providing entertainment, education and a social event.
The festival will begin this year with a barn dance on Friday evening. Campers and other early arrivals may gather at The Land Institute's big barn to visit. Following the barn dance you're welcome to make music?amateur or professional, bring your instruments and voices and join the fun.
|25||St. John's Military School's Muleskinner Golf Tournament - Registration 12:00, Shotgun start 1:00... Prize include Hole In One, Closest to the Pin, Team Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes... Live and silent auction to be held following event... Items available to auction will be Scottsdale, AZ vacation home, various autographed sports items and tickets, dinner parties and much more......All proceeds from the event will fund SJMS Muleskinner Campaign which provides scholarships to deserving young men. St. John's has been a part of the Salina community for the last 123 years. As our enrollment reaches it's capacity this coming school year, so does the need to provide financial assistance to families whose sons need the type of education St. John's provides.|
- Annual Sonnenblumen Autofest in Oakdale Park, Salina Kansas, is a family friendly event open to all German, and German derived vehicles. Only $10.00 to enter your vehicle. Spectators are free. Starts about 9 am, ends about 4 pm. Awards in 16 classes will be made about 2 pm. Oakdale Park has a great children's play area, grills, and indoor restrooms a short walk from the show site. Check out the German Car Club of Kansas on Facebook for more details as they develop.
Address: Oakdale Park, 730 Oakdale Drive , Salina, Kansas
Annual Silver Needles Quilt Show
- Annual show featuring star-studded quilts, classes, demonstrations, vendors, opportunity quilt, and mini auction.
Address: Bicentennial Center, 800 The Midway , Salina, Kansas
|10||Antique Engine and Steam Show - Featured Tractors: Oliver, Minneapolis-Moline & Case Steam powered Sawmill, Tractor Pull and Games, Parade of Tractors, Gas engines, Agricultural demonstrations, Farmers Market, numerous vendors and exhibitors featuring crafts and demonstrations. Second weekend.|
Heart Land Toy Show Salina
- Buy, sell, trade. We have 200 plus tables of toys (not counting what might be sitting on the floor). Something for everyone: Old and New, Re-built and not re-built. Trucks, Cars, Old & New Farm Toys, Antique Toys, Vintage Toys, Hot Wheels, NASCAR, Dolls, Cast Iron, Parts for Toys, Marbles, Model Cars, Manuals, Trains and a lot of "Wish I still had" toys. Just an awesome Toy Show!!! Open to the Public.
In the 4-H and Kenwood Hall building. Opens at 9 AM and closes at 3 PM. Food on the premises by Ambucs of Salina which consists of Chili Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Pie, free coffee and water.
Floor Rights: $10 per person 7 am - 9 am on Saturday
$10 per person on Friday during set up!
Address: Kenwood Park, 900 Greeley , Salina, Kansas
See 'N' Sell Arts & Crafts show
- See 'N' Sell was founded by the YWCA of Salina and is now continued by the Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland. See 'N' Sell began in 1966 with a small group of crafters and has grown to over 200 exhibitors from Kansas and surrounding states selling handcrafted items at Salina's Bicentennial Center.
Approximately 4,000 shoppers attend See 'N' Sell each year, and the show consistently receives rave reviews from shoppers and exhibitors alike. Our marketing committee promotes the show throughout the region via radio, newspaper, flyers, websites, and crafters' publications.
Address: The Bicentennial Center, 800 The Midway, Salina, KS , Salina, Kansas
Christmas Festival and Parade
- The annual Christmas Festival and Miracle on Santa Fe Parade of Lights is a family-friendly event sure to entertain the young and old alike! Festival begins at 10am and the Parade of Lights at 6pm.
Ph: 785-825-0535 (Always call and confirm events)
|5||Holidays in the Heartland - Father Christmas, children's make-and-take holiday ornaments, musical entertainment, and refreshments. 2-4pm.|