The Haun Museum is located in the first house on the townsite of Jetmore. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it was built in 1879, by T.S. Haun, the founder of Jetmore, then called Buckner. Mr. Haun edited the first newspaper in Jetmore, The Buckner Independent
Jetmore City Lake, three miles west and one and one-half south of Jetmore, is located on Spring Creek. The lake is popular for camping, fishing, bird watching, boating, water skiing, beach volleyball, swimming and hiking. Rolling grassland surrounds the area with the bluffs in the background.
The Fort Hays-Fort Dodge Road is an interesting trail crossing the eastern part of Hodgeman County. The road was used to haul freight from the rail head to connect to the Santa Fe Trail, Fort Dodge and the New Mexico. The Duncan'