Upcoming Events in Scottsboro Alabama
1st Monday Weekend Trade Days
- One of the Deep South's oldest and largest trade days where bartering, haggling, and swapping of goods has not passed on with time.
Address: Historic Downtown Court Square (Jackson County) , Scottsboro, Alabama
|28 - 2||
Spring Fling Junior College Golf Tournament
- See the best young golfers from around the nation compete for recognition as the team to beat whem most of them come back to Goose Pond in May to compete for the National Championship.
Ph: 800-268-2884 (Always call and confirm events)
|2 - 6||
Jackson County Spring Carnival
- A Spring Carnival with Midway Attraction Rides, Games and Entertainment.
Address: Jackson County Veterans Fairgrounds 220 Cecil ST Scottsboro, AL , Scottsboro, Alabama
- A great hometown festival including a catfish tournament for adults, catfish rodeo for children, arts and crafts show, car show, and free concerts. Always the third Saturday of May.
Ph: 256-574-1330 (Always call and confirm events)
|11 - 15||
Walking Tours of Scottsboro
- A traditional State event that allows visitors and history buffs to explore the historical areas and homes of participating communities.
Address: Downtown Scottsboro Historic District (Jackson Co) , Scottsboro, Alabama
|14 - 17||NJCAA Division ll Men's Golf National Championship - Come watch the newest and best of the up-and-coming golfers and teams from around the nation compete for national honors on Goose Pond's Championship Course.|
Summer Latino Festival
- Live Latino entertainment, arts and crafts, children's activities, delicious Latino food, free soft drinks, ice cream, pinatas, and more.
Address: Northeast Alabama Community College (Jackson Co) , Scottsboro, Alabama
Annual Sand Mountain Gospel Music Festival
- Featuring the music of the best gospel music groups of the South.
Address: Tom Bevill Lyceum, Powell AL (Jackson Co) , Scottsboro, Alabama
Arts in the Park (1st Monday Arts Sunday)
- More than 150 artisans and craftsmen from all over the Southeast and Southwest participate in this juried show and offer their artworks and crafts for sale. Children's activities and musical entertainment.
Address: King-Caldwell Park (Jackson Co) , Scottsboro, Alabama
Section Labor Day Festival
- Musical entertainment all day featuring Gospel, Blue Grass, Country, and good ol' Rock & Roll. Free Children's games and rides,Lots of food including Homemade Ice creme & Bar-B-Que. Also competitions in volleyball, horseshoes, dominoes, and a "Back Seat Drivers Contest". Just wholesome family fun! 10am-10pm.
Address: Section Community Park (Jackson Co) , Scottsboro, Alabama
|27 - 31||
Jackson County Fair
- Musical entertainment and family fun nightly. Includes: Full carnival rides, contests and exhibits for agriculture, crafts, food, photography, animals, 4-H clubs, and much, much, more.
Address: Veterans Fairgrounds, 1615 Jefferson Drive, Scottsboro, AL 35768 , Scottsboro, Alabama
Frantic Frog Triathlon
- Several Competing categories include: individual, team, Clydesdale, Athena, and Master. Major courses include a 400m Swim, 24K Bike Ride, and 5K Run. Entry fee only to participants.
Ph: 256-574-3127 (Always call and confirm events)
|6 - 7||
Ole Timey Craft and Blue Grass Festival
- Bluegrass and country music, Cajun and country food, basket weaving, broom making, blacksmithing, Native American crafts, wood carving, Michael Vick pencil art, Civil War reenactment, and display of guns,coins, and knives.
Address: Paint Rock Valley Lodge, Estillfork, AL (Jackson County) , Scottsboro, Alabama
|21 - 22||
Crow Mountain Hill Climb
- The Crow Mountain Hill Climb is a safe and fun amateur motoring event sanctioned and operated by the Tennessee Valley Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA).
The road chosen in Jackson County for The Crow Mountain Hill Climb stretches 2 miles and challenges even the most experienced hill climb racers. Exciting technical hairpins yet comfortable speeds make this race and site perfect for the hill climb race.
Address: Crow Mountain, County Road 33 (Jackson County) , Scottsboro, Alabama
Little Miss Jackson County ( Halloween Pageant )
- For all girls 0-19 years of age!
Registration at 1:45-3:00 p.m.
Pageant starts at 3:30 p.m.
Deadline is October 3, 2009
See you at the Pageant!!!
Address: Comfort Inn & Suites , Scottsboro, Alabama
|10 - 11||
Annual Native American Festival
- Native American demonstrators use authentic techniques and materials used in making traps, shelters, clothing, medicine, cooking, hides, flint-napping, weapons, baskets, toys, games, and fire. 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Address: Scottsboro-Jackson Heritage Center, 208 S. Houston St. , Scottsboro, Alabama
|12 - 14||
Fall Color Cruise
- Come enjoy live entertainment, arts & crafts, antique show & appraisals, Classic Car Show, kid's fishing pond, costume contest, and kid's casting tournament.
Ph: 256-259-5500 (Always call and confirm events)
Annual Scottsboro Christmas Parade
- Join-in all the fesivities that celebrate the season!
Address: Broad St. to Downtown , Scottsboro, Alabama