Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Upcoming Events in Sioux Falls South Dakota
|23 - 25||
Sioux Empire Farm Show
- Major farm and livestock shows featuring purebred cattle shows and sales, commercial exhibits, market livestock shows featuring swine, sheep and cattle (steers and heifers) along with rabbit shows and a horse pully located in the Expo Building at the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds, 4000 W. 12th St. The week is culminated on Friday with the Sale of Champions held at the Ramkota Exhibit Hall, where the top 26 market animals are sold at a premium auction.
Address: W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds, 4000 W. 12th St. , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|18||Walk MS: Sioux Falls - Walk MS connects people living with MS and those who care about them. This community event raises critical funds to support life-changing programs and cutting-edge research. It is an experience unlike any other — a day to come together, to celebrate the progress we’ve made and to show the power of our connections. Join friends, family and your community and walk to create a world free of MS. Check-in: 8:30 a.m. Walk Begins: 8:30 a.m.|
Annual Angels With A Dream Event
- Mark your calendar for the Annual Angels With A Dream Event on Sunday at Great Bear Recreation Park Near Sioux Falls. The event will again include a car show, food, wine tasting, a silent auction with sports memorabilia, hotel stays, restaurant gift cards, and raffles.
Music by the Allen Goodroad Band.
Free admission. All proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish South Dakota.
For more information call Roxie Johnson at 941-1920 or Lucy Welbig at 376-6485.
All Ford Car Show
- Set up time: 9-11 am Show time: 11 am-3:30 pm Awards: 3 pm
Pre-Registration by May 29th: $12 ($15 Day of Show)
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Best of Show
<>25 Classes<>Door Prizes<>Dash Plaques
(All cars must be Ford or Mercury Powered)
Show held in Front of Sioux Falls Ford
Corporate Sponsor (along 41st St)
Zippity Zoo Day
- Carnival games, animal encounters, Zookeeper talks, face painting, children’s music, and giant jumpers will provide entertainment for the entire family at this popular annual event. Held at the Great Plains Zoo. (Activities are free with paid zoo admission. Children two and under are free.) 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Address: Great Plains Zoo , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Kid-Venture Classes - Colorful Confusion
- Did you see that? See what? Come explore how animals hide in plain sight with hiding activities and concealment crafts! 1:00pm
Sunday, June 18, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
$19 (1 adult + 1 child) additional child $7 (maximum of 2 children per adult)
$8 (1 adult + 1 child member pricing) additional child $4 (maximum of 2 children per adult)
Advanced registration is required. To register call 605-334-9466
Age group: 2-5 years (with an adult, maximum of 2 kids per adult).
|4 - 7||
Hot Harley Nights
- Motorcycle parade, bike show, live music, casino run, raffles, food, refreshments, and more. This annual event is the hottest party in the region. Benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Dakota.
Address: downtown Sioux Falls and at J & L Harley-Davidson , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|11 - 13||JazzFest: Sioux Falls Jazz and Blues Festival - JazzFest is one of the largest free concerts in the United States attracting an average of almost 85,000 people each year from all over the Midwest! Two stages and two days of great music and fun. There is a children`s area, rides, games, arts and crafts, fireworks, and more than 20 food vendors.|
Make-A-Wish South Dakota Golf Tournament
- Make-A-Wish South Dakota will hold its Annual Golf Tournament on Monday, July 17. After the tournament there will be a social and dinner. The event is a fundraiser to help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions in South Dakota. Golf is $2,400 for a team of four or $600 per person. The fee includes 18 holes of golf, lunch, and two tickets per golfer to the evening events.
Registration for golf starts at 11:00 a.m. at Minnehaha Country Club and the tournament will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Tickets to the evening events are available at the Make-A-Wish office, 1400 W. 17th St. from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, at The District, or online at thedistrict.com. For more information call Make-A-Wish South Dakota at 335-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bike MS: Sanford Health Sioux Falls Ride
- Don’t just ride, Bike MS. Experience this fully supported, one-day ride that starts and finishes at 8th & Railroad Center in Sioux Falls, SD. More than 200 riders pick their own challenge, biking 20, 61 or 100 miles though southeastern South Dakota for one cause: A world free of MS. The Bike MS team is ready to give you all we've got – choice routes, an exciting start and finish, free T-shirts, stocked rest stops, route support, live music and fun photo ops. For more information and to register, visit website.
Address: Sioux Falls, SD , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Chasers' Annual Show and Shine
- Chasers' Annual Show and Shine. Registration 3PM. T-Shirts, door prizes, with other specials to all participating car owners. Intersection of West 12th Street & Tea/Ellis Road.
For additional information call Judy at 605-366-2444.
|16 - 18||Great Plains Balloon Race - This annual balloon race is held at Kenny Anderson Park. Mass ascension balloon launches are scheduled for 7:00p.m. Friday, 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Balloon Glow, 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, and 6:30 a.m. on Sunday (weather permitting).|
|24 - 25||LifeLight City Fest Outdoor Music Festival - Nation's largest free outdoor Christian music festival. Held annually Labor Day weekend. All styles of music, exhibition sports, children's activities, seminars, extreme games, merchandise vendors, on site camping (fee), water park and adventure land activities, paintball, batting cage, and more.|
Monarch Butterfly Tagging
- Monarch butterflies are gathering to travel to Mexico, so it is time to tag and help scientists learn about these amazing creatures. Learn all about the life cycle of the monarch butterfly then help, identify, tag and release them on their way to Mexico, 5 p.m.
Address: Good Earth State Park at Blood Run , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sidewalk Arts Festival
- The Sidewalk Arts Festival is the Sioux Falls region's largest one-day outdoor festival. Held each year in historic downtown Sioux Falls, the festival is situated along the streets surrounding the Washington Pavilion, including Main Avenue, Dakota Avenue, and 11th Street. The festival draws 40,000 visitors and showcases over 300 fine art, folk art, and craft booths from more than 10 states.
Address: downtown Sioux Falls on Main and Dakota. , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sioux Falls German Fest
- The Sister Cities Association of Sioux Falls presents the Annual Germanfest on Saturday from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm the second Saturday of September every year. "Germanfest" is not based on the Bavarian Oktoberfest in southern Munich, Germany. The event is actually based on the City of Sioux Falls celebrating the whole country of Germany and our long-standing partnership with the City of Potsdam. Germanfest is FREE and is a wonderful festival for all ages.
Our entertainment: Children's Puppet Show presented by Siouxland Libraries 2 & 3 pm: Dachshund Race ( www.dakotadachshundrescue.org) 4:30-5:30 pm: Bands Begin at 2:00PM and end 10:00PM. Other Attractions: A children's area that will include: entertainment and games; German Food and Drink; Dancing; Other Vendors. Guests are invited to bring their lawn chairs to this FREE event and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the Annual Germanfest! This event draws and estimated 15,000 people every year.
Funding for Germanfest comes from the Sister Cities Association of Sioux Falls (501(c)3) and local area merchants.
|18 - 19||
Spooky Science Night
- Halloween related hands-on science activities such as slippery slime, creepy crawlers, treat bags and more. For children 12 and under. Costumes encouraged for all ages. 5-8pm.
Address: Kirby Science Discovery Center in the Washington Pavilion , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|25 - 27||
Autumn Festival Craft Show
- More than five hundred artists and craftspeople from more than 30 states display and sell their wares. Voted one of the TOP 100 SHOWS in the country by Sunshine Artist Magazine!
Fri. 11am-9pm; Sat. 9am-7pm; Sun. 10am-5pm
Address: Denny Sanford Premier Center Arena and Convention Center, 1201 N. West Ave. , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|25 - 27||
- A spook-tacular event held outdoors on zoo grounds. Trick-or-treat among the animals and view more than 200 hand-carved pumpkins along the pathways. A safe, non-scary Halloween event for the entire family..
Address: Great Plains Zoo , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|21 - 28||
Christmas at the Western Mall
- Come enjoy the all-new light show in the center court of the Western Mall in Sioux Falls. Annually, this fantastic digital light display set to music will come to life inside the warmth of the Western Mall. The show begins on Thanksgiving and runs through New Year's Day from 5:30 to 9:30 every night. Free-will donations support Make-A-Wish(R) South Dakota. Bring your family and friends and help us make wishes come true! For more information, visit the website.
Address: The Western Mall, 2101 W. 41st St. , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Winter Wonderland Kick-Off
- Please come join us for the flipping of the switch at 6:00 PM with fireworks celebrating the lighting of the park. Adults and children will be able to enjoy a visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus, cookies, hot chocolate, holiday music, live reindeer, horse-drawn wagon rides and more. This event is Free for the entire family! Park downtown and ride the Trolley to Falls Park. (Parking at Falls Park is very limited).
Falls Park will continue to "light up" nightly through the first week of January.
Sioux Falls Parade of Lights
- Signals the beginning of the downtown holiday season with dazzling lighted holiday floats and music flooding historic Phillips Avenue (from 14th Street to 5th Street). Begins at 7:30 p.m.
An award ceremony will follow the parade at the Holiday Inn City Centre with complimentary cookies and hot apple cider from the Holiday Inn City Centre. Everyone is invited to attend the award ceremony at 100 E. 8th Street.
Christmas at the Western Mall
- Come enjoy the all-new light show in the center court of the Western Mall in Sioux Falls. For over 9 years, this fantastic digital light display set to music will come to life inside the warmth of the Western Mall. The show begins on Thanksgiving and runs through New Year's Day from 5:30 to 9:30 every night. Free-will donations support Make-A-Wish(R) South Dakota. Bring your family and friends and help us make wishes come true! For more information, visit www.westernmallchristmas.com
Address: 2101 W. 41st St., Sioux Falls , Sioux Falls, South Dakota
German Christmas Service
- There will be the annual German Christmas Service at First Lutheran Church at 4 PM.
Address: 327 South Dakota Ave. Sioux Falls, SD 57104 , Sioux Falls, South Dakota