Upcoming Events in Smithville Texas
Smithville First Saturday Art Festival
- The Smithville First Saturday Art Festival is a monthly show on the first Saturday from March thru December. It is sponsered by the Lost Pines Artisans Alliance (non profit) that promotes art, artists, and artisans in the Lost Pines area of Central Texas. This is a juried show and we strive for quality over quantity, no imports and no resellers.
Smithville is on the Colorado River a few miles east of Bastrop by Hwy 71 and the show is at the south end of Main St. at the Gazebo Park. There are picnic areas, shade trees, and real restrooms. Admission, live music, and childrens art activities are FREE. Local non profit organizations participate as food vendors.
Address: 100 W. 1st Street , Smithville, Texas
Annual Opry Night and Dance
- Get ready for a toe-tappin' good time. The show gets underway at the American Legion Hall off Loop 230 at 7:00 pm and concludes with a dance until midnight. Local favorites will perform their live renditions of country classics made famous by such artists as Bob Wills, George Jones, Merle Haggard, George Strait, Patsy Cline, and many, many more. Backing these amateur artists will be a professional stage band, The Wink Tyler Band. In the tradition of the Grand Ole Opry, about a dozen artists will each perform three songs, reminiscent of those uproarious Nashville nights of the 1950s and 60s. The performances will take place between 7:00 and 9:30 pm. After a brief intermission, the band will strike it up again at 10:00 pm for the dance which concludes at midnight. Tickets are available in advance at the Smithville Chamber of Commerce for $12 each. Food and beverages, including beer, will be available to purchase from the American Legion. This event benefits the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information on this event or any other events sponsored by the Chamber, please call or visit website.
Address: 145 American Legion Road (off Loop 230 and Hwy 71) , Smithville, Texas
|14||Bastrop County MLK Holiday Commission Walk - This countywide walk celebrates the achievements of Martin Luther King Jr. Begins at 10 a.m.|
|8 - 10||
Thunder on the Colorado Bike Rally
- The Thunder returns to the banks of the Colorado River for this annual event. Riverbend Park off Highway 71 hosts the triumphant return of the rally that made Smithville the home of the Biggest Little Biker Event in Texas! This year's Thunder on the Colorado Biker Rally opens at noon, and is strictly limited to ages 21 and up. Lodging, shopping, fun runs, biker games, live music all day and night, dancing, artisans, food and beer vendors, and much more! Fun (Poker) Run on Saturday is $10 which includes entry fee to Buescher State Park. RV spots available through the Smithville Recreation Center at 512-237-3282 x7. For all the dirt, visit the website.
This event is sponsored by the bandana-wearing, leather-clad folks at the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce. Third weekend.
Ph: 512-237-2313 (Always call and confirm events)
Cure on the Colorado: An Evening of the Blues
- The Friends of Science Park present the annual Cure on the Colorado to benefit The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Science Park, one of the world’s foremost centers devoted to understanding the causes of cancer and its prevention. All proceeds from this fundraiser will go to support education and research at the center.
The event takes place on March 23 from 5-9 pm. Tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the gate. Admission to Cure on the Colorado includes an evening with the blues with a live show by The Peterson Brothers Band, a buffet dinner catered by Chef John Chabot, and silent and live auctions. The outdoor venue is at the beautiful Vernon L. Richards Riverbend Park on the banks of the Colorado River.
A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available for businesses and individuals. One of the unique aspects of the Cure on the Colorado is that sponsorships can also be made as either memorial gifts or honoraria. This is an opportunity to honor someone who has battled cancer with a gift that can truly make a difference in understanding the causes and prevention of cancer. The names of those who have been recognized through a memorial gift or honorarium will be featured on a special banner displayed at the Cure on the Colorado and included in the program.
Address: Vernon L. Richards Riverbend Park, 107 Highway 71 West, Smithville, TX 78957 , Smithville, Texas
|3 - 7||
Annual Jamboree Smithville
- Welcome to the annual Jamboree Smithville, this small Texas town's five day homecoming celebration, always the weekend after Easter. With live music, a carnival, vendors, tournaments with folks trying to topple the reigning champions, a parade down Main Street, and the Jamboree Queen Coronation a week before, this is Smithville's premier event of the year
On top of that, this is such a tradition in Smithville that the school lets out on Friday so every child can come celebrate. Oh, did we mention that it's really fun! You could be one of those enjoying the magic of Jamboree. The Critter says, "Y'all Come!"
Ph: 512-461-9216 (Always call and confirm events)
Cruisers on the Colorado
- Bastrop Area Cruisers welcomes car and truck enthusiasts to join us under the beautiful live oaks at Riverbend Park in Smithville, TX. 21 judged classes to include all cars and trucks from early classics to modern muscle. Additional classes may be added based on registration. Show includes onsite food and other vendors, DJ, Swap Meet and Car Corral. The Smithville Chamber of Commerce will provide transportation from Riverbend Park to Downtown Smithville's many interesting shops. Car show proceeds benefit Veteran's organizations and scholarships for auto tech students from local high schools. PRE-REGISTER at www.bastropareacruisers.com or REGISTER at the show on Saturday from 7:00 to 10:00. Show is 10:00 to 3:30. Registration fee of $25 includes 1 Free T-Shirt.
Address: Riverbend Park, 107 Highway 21, Smithville, TX 78957 , Smithville, Texas
Smithville Airport Fly-In and Pancake Breakfast
- The skies above Smithville will be buzzing with excitement as pilots from around the state and the country descend upon Bastrop County's only airport. Pilots, their guests, and the public are invited to tour the facility, meet the pilots, and see the planes up close! Pancake and sausage breakfast provided compliments of the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce, V and V Sausage, and Trust Texas Bank. Event runs from 9 am to noon. Second Saturday in May.
Address: Smithville-Crawford Municipal Airport (Loop 230 & Hwy 71) - 84 R , Smithville, Texas
Smithville Chamber of Commerce Casino Night
- Mark your calendars for the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce's annual Casino Night on the fourth Saturday in July at 7:00 pm at the Smithville Recreation Center. Tickets include a trip through the buffet line, adult beverages, $10,000 worth of playing chips. Each participant will also be eligible for door prizes and a chance to bid in the silent auction, and eligible for grand prizes including an overnight spa package from Paragon Casino in Marksville, LA and an stay at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines. Games featured this year include craps, Texas Hold Em, blackjack, roulette, and slot machines. Call the Chamber to reserve your spot (you can reserve tickets at the pre-sale price and pay for them at the door on the night of the event) at 512-237-2313 or order them online. Take a break from the heat of the summer and play it cool at Casino Night! Only adults 21 and over will be admitted.
Address: Highway 95 between First and Second Streets , Smithville, Texas
|28||City-Wide Garage Sale - Starting at 8 a.m. come down to the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce at 1st Street & Main Street and pick up your free "treasure" map marking all the registered sales in town. As you begin your hunt, look for the red and white "Stop Here" signs in yards. If you would like to register for a spot to sell your items in town, please contact the Chamber office at 512-237-2313.|
|4 - 6||
Chilirado Chili Cookoff and Weekend Event
- Chilirado Weekend Event, benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Featuring Friday Dinner and Variety Show; SOTPOD Chili Cookoff, Saturday Evening Concert by The Larry Wilson Band. Live/Silent Auctions for Make-A-Wish Foundation on Friday and Saturday of many exciting items, including packages for Casinos, Golf, Sailing, Family, Beauty, Romance and Outdoor Adventures.
Event Coordinator: Wanda Schopp,512-480-9074 or 512-360-3585
For informational flyers, contact Cyndy Barton, email@example.com
Address: Riverbend Park, 107 Hwy 71E , Smithville, Texas
Culpepper & Merriweather Circus
- Culpepper & Merriweather will be setting up their Big Tent on Saturday, October 13th from 9 - 10 a.m. at Riverbend Park. Come watch the tent raising and then return for the 2 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. performances. Tickets are sold at the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce, Smithville Recreation Center or any local Smithville banks. You may also call 1-866-244-8676 and order tickets with a credit card. Ticket prices are $6/kids (2-12) & $9/adults. On the day of the performances, ticket prices will increase, so buy early!
Address: Vernon L. Richards Riverbend Park @ 107 Hwy 71 W, Smithville, TX 78957 , Smithville, Texas
Texas Photo Festival
- Grab your camera and join the annual Texas Photo Festival in historic Smithville on Sunday from 2 p.m to 5:00 p.m. This event is FREE and FUN! The streets of downtown Smithville will be transformed into different stations with varying themes including live models available to be photographed by the public. Seminars taught by professionals, an Instagram Photo Walk, a "Fan Favorite" Model Contest, a Photo Contest, a runway fashion show, the Spoiled Doves of Austin, and on-site sponsors will provide opportunities for professional and amateur photographers to build their portfolios, learn additional skills, and have fun while doing it. Registered participants may enter the free photo contest, with categories for all age groups, sponsored by The Smithville Times. Nikon U.S.A has provided a Nikon D3200 camera kit valued at approximately $1,000 for our top prize in the 14 and over age category of the Photo Contest.
The event continues in the evening with a Mixer & “Ghost” shoot at dusk.
|2||Smithville Airing of the Quilts and Tour of Homes - See the charm of downtown Smithville Texas during the Annual Airing of the Quilts and Smithville Tour of Homes. Gorgeous quilts will be displayed along Main Street and throughout our historic neighborhoods from 10 am to 5 pm. The tour of homes will be from noon to 4 pm. Tickets for the tour can be purchased for $10 and proceeds benefit the Smithville Garden Club. Be sure to pick up a raffle ticket for your chance to win a handmade quilt. For more information call the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce at (512) 237-2313.|
|30||Annual Festival of Lights - Join the Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce for a spirited kick-off to the holiday season with our Annual Festival of Lights celebration! On Saturday, Smithville's Main Street area is transformed into a Texas-style winter wonderland featuring a holiday market, a Kidsfest area, holiday-themed games and contests, live music, and a food court filled with delicious offerings throughout the day. Come early for the 5K Fun Run featuring the Smithville Gingerbread Man. Stay late for the famous nighttime lighted parade featuring Santa himself! Experience a small town holiday extravaganza like no other!|