1890. Three-story brick building topped by corner mansard clock tower. The bank was organized in May 1887 and in the fall of 1889 construction began on the building, which was ready for occupancy in mid-March 1890 with George F. Sheperd as president. In 1929
1858 bridge has a twin in Salisbury. It is one of the few stuccoed brick bridges left in the South. The famous train wreck occurred in 1891, when there was a terrible loss of life. Legend claims that on teh 50th anniversary of the wreck a woman witnessed it all over again!