LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Stilwell, Oklahoma

  • Starr Springs Monument

    Starr Springs MonumentThe Starr Springs area was first settled by the Benjamin Cooper family in 1834. It was the site of the Andrew Adair and George Washington Adair massacre in 1853. The springs along with Shell Creek are...
    Starr Springs Monument
  • Fairfield Mission Monument

    Fairfield Mission Monument"Established among the western Cherokees by Dr. Marcus Palmer in 1829 under the auspices of Boston based American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. First located in Pope County, Arkansas Te...
    Fairfield Mission Monument

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Adair County Courthouse

After Governor Charles N. Haskell's declaration on May 6, 1910, that Stilwell was the permanent county seat of Adair County, the county records were moved from Westville to Stilwell for the last time. A two-story frame school building, erected in 1902, was used until 1908

Stilwell, OK Historic Courthouses

Fairfield Mission Monument

"Established among the western Cherokees by Dr. Marcus Palmer in 1829 under the auspices of Boston based American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. First located in Pope County, Arkansas Territory, and known as Mulberry Mission.

Stilwell, OK Monuments

Starr Springs Monument

The Starr Springs area was first settled by the Benjamin Cooper family in 1834. It was the site of the Andrew Adair and George Washington Adair massacre in 1853

Stilwell, OK Monuments


Veteran's Memorial

In 1992, this patriotic memorial to the veteran's of all wars was dedicated on the front lawn of the Adair County Courthouse. "Lest We Forget" those men who made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the peace and security of their fellow man.

Stilwell, OK Memorials

Things to do near Stilwell, OK

Keystone Public Hunting Area

Keystone Public Hunting Area, covering approximately 15,500 acres, lies along much of the shoreline which consists of bottoml...

Hulah Lake Hunting

Approximately 8,900 acres of project lands have been made available to the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation for w...