The Stockton Library was built in 1911 by money received from Andrew Carnegie. In 1984 the new Walker Addition to the library was added to the historic Carnegie library funded by money given by Frank ... Carnegie Library
In 1923 a new courthouse replaced the native stone structure of 1881. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Rooks County Courthouse is a source of local pride.
A permanent memorial in front of the courthouse honors individuals who served in the nation's armed services.
The Old Log Hotel is Stockton's first hotel erected in 1871. Joseph McNulty, the owner, operated it for cattlemen moving west. The original site is across the street to the north where Stockton High School currently is.