Summerville, South Carolina
Upcoming Events in Summerville South Carolina
Third Thursday Art Walk/ DREAMfest
- DREAMfest is a gathering of exhibits, entertainment, refreshments and featured artists in downtown Summerville on third Thursdays each month from May to September, 5 to 8 p.m. Teaming with Art Central, the gallery will host an Art Walk each month on Short Central. Concerts will take place on Hutchinson Square. Shops and restaurants will be open later and community organizations will be encouraged to have booths around the downtown district.
Shop, dine and visit in downtown Summerville and enjoy fine art and music while you do it!
Teddy Bear Picnic Party
- Teddy Bear Picnic Party! All 2, 3 and 4 year olds are invited (with their bears of course!) for ten stations full of fun & adventure! Join us Sunday, January 23, drop-in any time between 2pm and 3pm. Pinewood Gym (transformed into Picnic Park!) located at 1114 Orangeburg Road in Summerville. Only $5 per child (parents free!). Proceeds Benefit MUSC Children's Hospital. Older siblings are welcomed if interested. Reserve your spot(s) today. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 376-0142 x2002. See you in Teddy Bear Park!
Address: 1114 Orangeburg Road, Summerville, SC 29483 , Summerville, South Carolina
|3||Flowertown Festival Run/Walk - The official kick-off event of the Flowertown Festival. Run past historic homes and beautiful Azalea gardens in one of the prettiest races in the Southeast. A great warm up race for the Cooper River Bridge Run held in Charleston on Apr. 3. High school runners can enter to win a used car. Races begin at 8 a.m.|
|23 - 25||Annual Summerville Family YMCA Flowertown Festival - Put the Spring in your step during the Annual Summerville Family YMCA Flowertown Festival, when this charming historic community celebrates the passing of Winter with over 250,000 of its closest friends. Set in Summerville's lush Azalea Park, the Flowertown Festival offers more than 200 artists and crafters from all over the country display their works for your appreciation and purchase. Each day during the 3-day event brings you live entertainment, a Children's Jubilee, and a tennis tournament to enjoy. Additionally, fabulous festival foods are prepared to tempt your taste buds and to give you a "taste" of Summerville and the Lowcountry area of South Carolina. Continuously rated a "Top 20 Attraction" by the Southeast Tourism Society. (F-Sa 9am-5pm, Su 9am-4pm)|
Annual John Tupper Flowertown Golf Classic
- The Annual John Tupper Flowertown Golf Classic, benefiting community charities through the Junior Service League of Summerville, will be held at on Saturday.The fun begins with a complimentary breakfast for all golf teams at 8 a.m. A shotgun start commences at 9:00 a.m. and the tournament will end with an award ceremony. Cost for the tournament is $120 per golfer and includes an invitation to the Sponsor's Gala. Last year the event raised over $24,000.00 for area charities sponsored by the Junior Service League of Summerville. (8 a.m.)
Address: Legend Oaks Golf Club , Summerville, South Carolina
|20 - 22||
Annual Golden Age of Summerville Festival
- The Golden Age of Summerville Festival is a celebration of Summerville's history as a resort and retreat destination and its influence on the character and quality of life of past, present, and future residents of "The Flower Town in the Pines." Collected elements of the celebration will interpret this heritage and legacy to visitors and locals to promote appreciation, conservation and preservation of what distinguishes Summerville from nearby places of similar age and size.
This year's theme is "Images of Summerville" with special focus on the Victorian Era in Flowertown. Activities include: Lowcountry Antiques & Appraisal Expo, an Art Walk, a Vintage Car Show featuring the SC Model T Club, two children's Victorian/ Teddy Bear Teas, a Garden Party at Kings Inn Bed & Breakfast featuring guest speakers, Trolley Tours, Carriage Tours, African-American Tours, "Ghostly Visions" of Summerville Tours, a Victorian-style Tea sponsored by the Summerville Community Orchestra at Linwood Bed & Breakfast, the annual gala celebration on Saturday evening at Woodlands Inn, many children's activities including pony rides, and much, much more!!
Address: Town Square in Historic Downtown , Summerville, South Carolina
|5 - 6||
Sculpture in the South
- Get up close and personal with 35 renowned artists from across the country as they present their fine art sculpture in Summerville's Azalea Park. Discover a broad range of original sculpture from Western to wildlife, awe-inspiring to abstract. Artists demonstrate techniques and processes that show how sculpture is created. Award-winning SC barbecue served from the outdoor grill. Proceeds from this tenth annual exhibit and sale benefit public sculpture acquisition for Summerville.
(Sat 10 am - 6 pm; Sun 10 am - 5 pm)
Red, White and Blue on the Green
- DREAM's annual 4th of July celebration "Red, White and Blue on the Green" is an old fashioned celebration focusing on families and the community. Join the non-motorized parade, featuring kids on bikes, in wagons, on rollerblades, in strollers - all decked out for America. The event include games and activities for all ages, live contests, patriotic face painting, music by the Howle Brothers, jump castles, hot dogs, apple pie and more! Live contests range from a watermelon eating contest to a water balloon tossing contest and a hot dog eating contest to a seed spittin' contest. The fun for all ages continues with jump castles, a dunking booth with your favorite local celebrities and tons of summer-time concessions. All proceeds benefit Historic Downtown Summerville.
Registration for the non-motorized parade begins at 4 p.m. and the actual parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. Prizes will be awarded for Most Patriotic, Most Original and Most Patriotic Pet. Fireworks show will start at 9 pm at Gahagan Sports Complex. Music and concessions start at 7 pm. No coolers/alcoholic beverages allowed. Fireworks show sponsored by Dorchester County and the Town of Summerville.(4 to 7 p.m.)
Address: Historic Downtown , Summerville, South Carolina
Exodus Wrestling Alliance
- This is a FREE, Yes I said FREE show, one more time FREE.
Other events will take place before the show. So come on and join us. — feeling blessed.
Address: 816 Miles Rd Summerville SC 29485 , Summerville, South Carolina
Annual Scrumptious Summerville Kitchen Tour
- Southern hospitality at its best will be on display as you tour ten of Historic Summerville's loveliest homes and cottages while feasting on the fare of some of the low country's favorite chefs. New this year, visit Summerville's first Designer Showhouse, decorated by renowned low country interior designers. Designer Showhouse entrance included with Kitchen Tour ticket for this Sunday only. Rain or Shine. Special Lodging Packages are available. Tickets are available in advance online, or by calling.
(1 to 5 p.m.) - A Benefit for Children in Crisis, Inc.
Address: Historic Downtown , Summerville, South Carolina
Dine With Your Dog
- Fido or Fluffy don't have to stay home! Dine with your dog, meet other dog lovers and let your pet meet a few friends, all while enjoying the tasty, fresh cuisine from The Eclectic Chef!
Ticket holders receive a three course meal for themselves and their pet. It's going to be a blast! The Eclectic Chef is whipping up an amazing menu and a special dog menu for the night.
Pet-Friendly & Family-friendly event benefitting the Frances R. Willis SPCA in Summerville, SC.
Limited Tickets Available at The Eclectic Chef.
Friendly, vaccinated pets on leashes, please. 1 dog/person
Email or call with any questions! Hope to see you and your dog there!
Address: 125 Central Avenue, Summerville, SC (Historic District) , Summerville, South Carolina
|13||Harvest Moon Hayride and JSL Ghost Walk - The Junior Service League's annual Ghostwalk is a fundraiser for area schools, which Summerville D.R.E.A.M. in turn supports by entertaining "ghost walkers" waiting for the tour with the Harvest Moon Hayride and a spooky concession stand. More joint activities include glow-in-the-dark face painting by the Summerville Artist Guild, children's "stations" with activities such as a cupcake walk, apple jumping, fortune tellers, pumpkin decorating and much more.|
- Enjoy a semi-formal night of music, live entertainment, and a divine dinner, all while helping further child adoption in the United States and abroad.
A Chosen Child Adoption Services and Through Emma's Eyes will host an Adoption Banquet honoring adoptive families and anyone who has been impacted by adoption. Guests will receive a night of live music, dinner, silent auction, and entertainment by renowned southern story teller, Tim Lowry.
Local celebrity Terry Haas from HGTV's "Designed to Sell," an adoptive parent and advocate, will be the Master of Ceremony for the event.
All proceeds further adoption grants to ease the financial burden for
adoptive families. Adopting a child is expensive, from legal fees to medical
treatment, travel, lodging, speech/language therapy, etc.
Tickets are $50/person and tax deductible, as are any welcomed donations or sponsorships. Free childcare provided.
Lemon Garlic Chicken,
Oven Roasted Roast Beef with Aujous,
Shrimp & Grits,
French Green Beans,
Homemade Artisan Rolls,
Mixed Green Salad,
Cheesecake Bites in Several Flavors,
Iced Tea & Coffee
Macaroini & Cheese,
Address: Holiday Inn Express, 120 Holiday Drive, Summerville, SC , Summerville, South Carolina
Annual Taste of the Town
- If you like food and you like fun, then bring the family to Summerville's Annual Taste of the Town on Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. with a finale 3 p.m. performance, Patriotism in the Park, provided by the Summerville Community Orchestra. Wear your uniform or red, white and blue!
Address: Azalea Park , Summerville, South Carolina
|2||Summerville Christmas Parade - Join us for one of the best Christmas parades in South Carolina! Hosted by Summerville D.R.E.A.M. and the Summerville Fire Department. (2 p.m.)|