LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Christoph Block Building


category : Historic Buildings
The Christoph Block Building Charles Christoph built this building in 1900 to house his flourishing furniture and undertaking business. It was the first building in Perry complete with an elevator. His step-son, George A. Newton, joined him and for many years the Christoph-Newton Furniture and Undertaking business prospered in Perry. The Victorian style structure has recently re-opened half-round arched clerestory windows which are repeated in miniature in the stepped brickwork.


Address: 300 N. 7th Street, west side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Masonic Building

The three story building was built in 1924 to house the various Masonic organizations then active in Perry. In recent years the Masons have moved to a new location but their name remains associated with the building listed on the National Historic Register.

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Carnegie Library

Perry Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of $10,000, the exact amount provided in a gift from Pittsburgh steel magazine Andrew Carnegie. It is regarded as one of Perry's most prized possessions. An extensive renovation and space expansion project with an estimated cost of $450,000

Perry, OK Carnegie Libraries


"Hopes and Dreams" Statue

"This sculpture and the plaza surrounding it are dedicated to the honor of all the stalwart men and women who took part in the greatest land rush of all time - the celebrated Cherokee Strip Run, held on September 16, 1893.

Perry, OK Arts

Noble County Courthouse

The Courthouse Square is a focal point of downtown Perry and the three-story courthouse in the center of that green oasis looms brightly there, majestically serving as a symbol of justice and dominion. Built in 1916, at a cost of $100,000

Perry, OK Historic Courthouses

Things to do Historic Buildings near Perry, OK

The Evans Buildings

These two buildings were built by J.E. Evans of whom not much is now known. The building on the east was the first brick buil...