LASR.net Homepage




Menu

The Crandall Ranch


category : Historic Buildings
The Crandall Ranch The Crandall Ranch west of LeRoy is home to descendents of the oldest herd of Purebred Angus cattle in the United States. The progenitors of the herd were brought to Lake Forest, Illinois from Aberdeen, Scotland, by Mrs. Maude Crandall's grandfather, James Anderson, and his partner 105 years ago. The family later moved to Allendale farm in the Iola area, and upon her marriage, Mrs. Crandall was given ten head of cattle with the original bloodline as a gift from her parents.

The Crandall Ranch once covered 5,000 acres and shipped cattle to many point across the country. Although the Ranch House is gone, the milk house and the old smoke house are still standing on the Abbott Crandall property and are in good condition. Both are made from stone quarried in the area.

The Crandall Horse Barn held over 20 horses and remained intact until recently destroyed by fire. It was recognized by the decorative design on the front, a reproduction of the popular painting, "Pharaoh's Horses," which was first executed by a relative and was retouched from time to time.


Come visit us in LeRoy, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The First National Bank of LeRoy

The bank, constructed in the late 1800

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

The Crandall Ranch

The Crandall Ranch west of LeRoy is home to descendents of the oldest herd of Purebred Angus cattle in the United States. The progenitors of the herd were brought to Lake Forest, Illinois from Aberdeen, Scotland, by Mrs. Maude Crandall's grandfather, James Anderson, and his partner 105

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

The Bank of Aliceville

Time has stood still for the Farmers State Bank in Aliceville. It has been in business since 1908. The ornate oak tellers'

LeRoy, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near LeRoy, KS

Pittsburg Memorial Auditorium & Convention Center

The Pittsburg Memorial Auditorium and Convention Center was dedicated on November 20th, 1925 as a Shrine Mosque. The outer st...

Garnett House

The Lighthouse Hotel was the first hotel in Garnett, built in 1858. It is now a private residence, and is listed on the Na...