LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex


category : Historic Schoolhouses
Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4 miles south. The first teacher was Dr. William P. Richardson, a graduate of Harvard, who taught the first winter for no pay. The school was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1976.


Hours: Open only during special events, or by appointment.
Address: 7935 Illinois Route 71
Phone: 630-553-6777
Our Email: lyonfarmkchs1@gmail.com
Our Website:www.lyonfarmkchs.org

Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Lyon Farm

The Lyon Farm is the pride and joy of the Kendall County Historical Society. In 1974, Mrs. Frances Lyon donated 39

Yorkville, IL Museums

Plano Depot - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Plano Depot was built in Chicago, Illinois and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850's. It was built by the C.B. & Q Railroad (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) in the Gothic Style architecture. The depot was used until 1914 or 1915

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

C.B. & Q Caboose -Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Caboose was built in the Aurora, Illinois C.B. & Q (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) shops in 1918. It was used on the Fox River Line for 56 years. The Caboose was moved to Lyon Farm in 1974. 2018 marks the 100

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

Oswego-Fox House - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Oswego-Fox House was built in the 1870's by the Fox family, ancestors of the Cutter family from Oswego, Illinois. The house was located 1/2 mile south of Oswego on Route 71. It was moved to Lyon Farm at the Kendall County Historical Society museum complex in 1975

Yorkville, IL Historic Homes

Things to do Historic Schoolhouses near Yorkville, IL

Henry School

The 1878 Henry School, on the Galena Trail, was used as a school until 1957. The Polo Historical Society has turned it back i...

Little Red Schoolhouse

Originally called the Mount Airy School, the building was moved to its present location in 1983. This 1850's school house has...