Upcoming Events in Urbana Ohio
|15 - 16||
Annual Historic Home and Garden Tour
- Travel to quaint Urbana, Ohio and enjoy viewing structures that are at least fifty years old. Visit seven houses, two private gardens, one house under restoration, church, restored business building housing a restaurant, the Johnny Appleseed Museum and the gardens of the Champaign County Fairgrounds. Craft demonstrations and sales, food and entertainment are available. Television personality, Tom McNutt will be present from 1-3 on Sunday at the Carr residence to answer gardening questions and to autograph his new book. Enjoy "Tea in the Garden" on Saturday presented by the Champaign County Arts Council. Lunch will be church at the Urbana United Methodist Church on Saturday and Sunday. Visit the website or call for additional information or to purchase tickets. The welcome tent is located at Main/Market Streets in Urbana. Free parking and shuttle service included.
Hours are 11-5 each day.
Address: Champaign County Preservation Alliance, South Main Street and East Market Street. , Urbana, Ohio
|4 - 6||
Champaign County Balloon Fest
- The skies over Champaign County will be adorned with hot-air balloons during Champaign County Balloon Fest, sponsored by Tech II and sanctioned by the North American Balloon Association. This hot-air balloon competition, taking place at Grimes Field, the airport in Urbana, promises to provide entertainment for the entire family! The Balloon Glow takes place at 9 pm on Saturday evening, July 14-all pilots will light up their balloons for all to see!
A balloon competition is not a race but rather a test of precision flying. Pilots must be able to read wind currents and the competition map in order to fly as close as possible to a target set by the competition director. The target might be an intersection of two roads, a large "X" placed in an open field, or even an imaginary window in the sky identified by GPS coordinates.
Some competition flights require that pilots fly to two or more different targets in a single flight. The festival also will feature a "balloon glow," where the balloons, while on the ground at dusk, use their burners to light up like giant light bulbs.
Address: Urbana Airport, 1636 North Main Street , Urbana, Ohio
|6||Art Affair on the Square - Arts festival featuring an artist market with more than 60 artists showing and selling their original artwork; performing arts all day; children's art activities; architecture tours; literary arts; exhibits; varied food faire; specialty shops open all day.|
National Tractor Pullers Association
- The National Tractor Pullers Association present the "Enderle Pull-Off." The top competitors on the NTPA Grand and Regional National point circuits vie for a purse of more than $65,000. It is pulling's longest running specialty program in which competitors battle all summer long in their respective circuits to earn their invitation into the event.
Address: Champaign County Fairgrounds
Simon Kenton Pathfinders Annual Bike Tour
- Fund-raiser for maintenance of Champaign County's trail and for future development. Features flat to hilly routes of 15/30/60 scenic miles in beautiful agricultural country. The $25 registration fee includes snacks, drinks, bottled water and "Our Famous Bean Soup".
Entry Deadline: Aug. 31.
Address: Urbana Depot, 644 Miami Street , Urbana, Ohio
|7 - 8||
Ohio Fish & Shrimp Festival
- Shrimp in Ohio? Come celebrate Ohio's Freshwater Shrimp Harvest on the farm. The annual Fish & Shrimp Festival will be held at Freshwater Farms of Ohio from 10am to 9pm and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
There will be freshly harvested shrimp from multiple Ohio farmers for sale as well as vendors preparing fish and shrimp dishes from a taste of Cajun and beer-battered to coconut-crusted. Join in with a local artist creating colorful chalk murals. Come enjoy the extensive displays of koi and other decorative garden pond fish. Swing by the farm market for a gourmet taste of smoked trout products. Our annual Bluegrass Stage features live music all day; lawn chairs and blankets welcome. Join in on the Trout Feeding Frenzy, the Kids Wet Zone and other games, and don't forget to visit the famous sturgeon pool, where you can pet Ohio's largest native fish.
Address: Freshwater Farms of Ohio, 2624 North U.S. Highway 68 , Urbana, Ohio
|7 - 8||
Annual Barn Quilt Tour
- The Champaign County Visitors Bureau will host the annual Barn Quilt Tour of Champaign County, celebrating the unique agricultural experience of Champaign County through the visual combination of barns and handmade quilts.
The Barn Quilt Tour consists of five tour barns featured throughout the county with quilt patterns painted on them. During the event, tours of each barn will be available along with a variety of activities highlighting barn history and architecture, quilting, art and agricultural living, and much more.
In addition to the five featured barns, other area barns not open to the public will be painted to form a loop connecting the entire county on a "clothesline of quilts."
Address: Champaign County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, 113 Miami Street , Urbana, Ohio
Champaign County Historical Society Octoberfest
- Annual Arts and Craft Show with over 75 craft vendors selling homemade wares, food vendors selling tarts, apple dumplings, popcorn, music from calliope, and much more.
Address: Champaign County Historical Society, 809 East Lawn Avenue , Urbana, Ohio
Candlelight Tour of Homes
- Annual Candlelight Tour of Homes sponsored by the Cancer Association of Champaign County. Each year, different homes in Champaign County are highlighted.
Address: Cancer Association of Champaign County