Van Alstyne, Texas
Settlers established rural homesteads in the 1840s, and town of Van Alstyne was laid out by Scott McKinney in 1853. It was named for the railroad stockholder, Mrs. Marie Van Alstyne, when the town was made a stop on the line.
In 2002, Van Alstyne opened the new Forrest Moore Park with walking and jogging trails, sports fields, tennis and basketball courts, a pavilion and a playground. It is located just off U.S. 75 between Dallas and Sherman.