The Vickers first refinery was built in Potwin in 1915. During the first half of the twentieth century, Potwin enjoyed the prosperity of the Vickers Oil refinery. Commencing with a lease on the Parris Farm 10 miles north of Potwin, production reached 16,000 barrels a day during the late 50's. In 1964, distressed economic conditions shut down the oil processing facilities. The company was sold to Swift & Company and the remaining operations were closed in 1970 - marking an end to an era of prosperity.
Address: Anita St. and Kellogg St.
Come visit us in Potwin, Kansas