The First Congregational Church was organized at Eldred, 12 miles northeast of Wahoo. Rev. Mr. Giddings was the preacher for both Eldred and Wahoo. The organizational meeting was headed by Rev. J.E. Heaton and took place on May 28, 1871. In 1880, a church was erected on the southeast corner of 5
The religious work done by the circuit riders in the 1860s and early 1870s which included Rev. C.W. Comstock and Rev. M.M. Smith laid the foundation for Methodism in the South Platte Mission, which included all of Saunders County except Ashland. In the spring of 1872
The Saunders County Historical Society was the recipient of one of two rocks making up the Twin Rocks marker on the Ox-Bow Trail through the generosity of Don Johnson of Ceresco and Christine Nygren of Ashland.