25 miles Southeast of Wahoo In the heart of scenic Pioneer country, travelers will want to spend a day, a weekend, or even longer at the Eugene T. Mahoney State Park near Ashland, Nebraska. Only a 1/2 Mahoney State Park
The religious work done by the circuit riders in the 1860s and early 1870s which included Rev. C.W. Comstock and Rev. M.M. Smith laid the foundation for Methodism in the South Platte Mission, which included all of Saunders County except Ashland. In the spring of 1872
The Wahoo Burlington Depot, a two-story wood frame building on the Ashland-to-Schuyler line, was constructed in 1886, several months before the railroad's tracks were completed in 1887. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
The Saunders County Historical Society was the recipient of one of two rocks making up the Twin Rocks marker on the Ox-Bow Trail through the generosity of Don Johnson of Ceresco and Christine Nygren of Ashland.
The First Congregational Church was organized at Eldred, 12 miles northeast of Wahoo. Rev. Mr. Giddings was the preacher for both Eldred and Wahoo. The organizational meeting was headed by Rev. J.E. Heaton and took place on May 28, 1871. In 1880, a church was erected on the southeast corner of 5