Westcliffe Medieval Fair
This will be a three day event, you can stay for one day or all three! Camping is allowed and encouraged on the property for the duration of the event. Please bring your own tents and camping equipment as they will not be provided for you, however, if you choose to you might sleep under the stars! Please be aware that the camping fee is included in the entry price. Because I have not had any interest in the RV's I will not be providing hook-ups. However, there is a place less than a mile a way that will take you and has all hook-ups. There will be a family camping area (quiet zone) and an adult camping area (no promises on any kind of quiet).
Jess's Best BBQ will be catering, I hear there will be turkey legs. :D. Jess's Best will be providing lunch and dinner every day and will also have breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Their food is great, I personally recommend that everyone have a breakfast burrito at least one day.
PAY ADMISSION AND GET A FREE MERCHANT SPOT. Having your own merchant spot is free, it does not cost anything to have your own shop. However, if you want a merchant spot you must tell me in advance. Again: merchants still must pay the entry fee but will not be charged extra to have a shop. We look forward to seeing the variety! If you sell weapons please note the Colorado laws (no under 18 for sharps...but their parents can buy it for them). (Overnight protection of merchandise will be provided by our security group however, items are not insured.) An update to vendors: Please show up as early as noon the day prior to the event to set up. No earlier then noon please.
Entertainers are more then welcome to attend! Musicians, Dancers, and Fools (etc) will be given food vouchers or prizes by staff for providing exceptional entertainment for others upon staff discretion! Food vouchers and prizes for making people happy! Does it get any better then that?!
To be updated. Currently only one medical group attending.
So...What will this cost me? You might be thinking....well, the fees are broken down here-
Single Entry- 10 Dollars a day
Duo Entry (two people)- 15 Dollars a day
Family Entry (three or five related people)- 25 Dollars a day
Organized Party (6 to ten themed group or guild)- 35 Dollars/day
[All of the above prices include entry, parking, camping, insurance, merchant spot (if applicable) and tournament entries (if applicable).]
When you arrive at the Fair Grounds you will be lead to the parking area, directly off the parking area you will find the sign in desk, this is where you will pick up your camping tags and pay admission. If you have to leave a day or two early not to worry- friendly staff will check how many days you paid for and refund any extra before you leave. Event maps and flyers available here.
Also note: We have been approved to have one campfire a night. This will be held in a communal spot between 8pm and midnight. As we are only allowed one per night please keep it kid friendly until at least 9pm so they can enjoy it too.This is a not for profit event, and if it goes well and the turnout wishes it this will become an annual event!
Nightly entertainment to be provided by DJ Little John, anyone who brings an instrument, and the dancers... which I am sure will be impromptu.
If you would like to volunteer in any way, or would like to host an event at the fair that I have not mentioned previously feel free to contact me. I welcome and encourage all suggestions or advice.
If you require any further information, (or if I forgot something) or are interested in becoming a recognized volunteer guild, or even a promising merchant please contact me
Directions From Denver:
1. Merge onto I-25 southbound
2. You will stay on I-25 South until Colorado Springs
3. Once in Colorado Springs you will take the 140 for Tejon St toward CO-115 S/Nevada Ave
4. Go straight under the first light on the exit and take a right at the second light. (US-85 S/S Nevada Ave)
5. Continue onto CO-115 S
6. Turn left at CO-67 S/S Robinson Ave
7. Turn right at CO-96 W
8. After approximately 26 Miles you will enter the town of Silvercliff. Silvercliff then merges into Westcliffe after less then a Mile.
9. Turn right onto Highway 69 (North 3rd St.)
10. After approx. 1500ft turn right onto Lake Deweese rd.
11. The gate to the event will be on the right less then 500 Ft from the turn onto Lake Deweese rd.
Directions From Pueblo: (About an hour)
1. Get onto CO-96 W/Thatcher Ave headed west
2. Stay on CO-96 W/Thatcher Ave for approx. 53 Miles
3. After approx. 53 Miles you will enter the town of Silvercliff. Silvercliff then merges into Westcliffe after less then a Mile.
4. Turn right onto Highway 69 (North 3rd St.)
5. After approx. 1500ft turn right onto Lake Deweese rd.
6. The gate to the event will be on the right less then 500 Ft from the turn onto Lake Deweese rd.
Directions From Walsenburg: (About an hour)
1. Turn left at CO-69 N
2. Continue on CO-69 N for approximately 58 Miles
3. After approximately 58 Miles you will cross over Main Street in Westcliffe
4. After approx. 1500ft turn right onto Lake Deweese rd.
5. The gate to the event will be on the right less then 500 Ft from the turn onto Lake Deweese rd.
Pets are allowed!
King and Queen or Baron and Baroness spots still available!!!! Send me a picture of you and your husband/wife in your royal garb. Impress me and you could be the king and/or queen of this fair!
Westcliffe Medieval Fair
Phone : 719-783-4849 (Always call and confirm events.)
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address : http://www.westcliffe-colorado.com