LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Yorkville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Lyon Farm

The Lyon Farm is the pride and joy of the Kendall County Historical Society. In 1974, Mrs. Frances Lyon donated 39

Yorkville, IL Museums

Seward Town Hall - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Seward Town Hall was built in 1876 and 1877 at a cost of $500.00. It stood on the east bank of Au Sable Creek facing Route 52. In addition to serving as a town hall it was used as a Congregational Church, basketball hall and band practice site. It was moved to Lyon Farm in 1976

Yorkville, IL Museums

Union School

The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4

Yorkville, IL Historic Schoolhouses

Plano Depot

The Plano Depot was built in Chicago, Illinois and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850's. It was built by the C.B. & Q Railroad (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) in the Gothic Style architecture. The depot was used until 1914 or 1915

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

Corrigan Store - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

William Corrigan established an independent store known as Corrigan & Sons which operated in Plattville, Illinois from 1919 until the late 1950's. The store carried a general merchandise line, including Oliver farm machinery and agricultural implements.

Yorkville, IL Museums

Things to do near Yorkville, IL

Blackhawk War Monument

Located on the site of Kellog's Grove, an early settlement established in 1827 on a mail route between Peoria and Galena, and...

Sycamore Historical Society and Museum

The Sycamore Historical Society's archives consist of items and artifacts, many dating back to the mid and late 1800's. Estab...

New River Model Railroad Museum

Model trains operate on a 36'x30' layout, featuring HO scale Chesapeake & Ohio RR in the 1950's West Virginia, with running d...

Ronald Reagan Birthplace

The apartment where Ronald Reagan was born has been restored and decorated in the 1900's. Adjoining gift shop and museum....