James E. Norsworthy came to Gothenburg with his wife Sarah in 1889. In 1905 he built this lovely 2-1/2 story home, a rectangular dwelling with hipped roof. A one story porch with triple columns at the corners projects outward at the front door, and is capped with a broken pediment. A two story bay defines the south side. Dr. Henry Harvey purchased the house in 1926 for his hospital. The basement was used as his office and laboratory, an upstairs bedroom as an operating room, and the attic was used as living quarters for the nurses. Interior features of special attraction are the original lamp on the newel post in the front hall, the milk glass globes on some of the ceiling lights and the beveled glass in the windows.
Come visit us in Nebraska, Nebraska