LASR.net Homepage



Menu

Nebraska National Register

  • Victor E. Wilson House

    Victor E. Wilson House

    The dwelling was built for Swedish immigrant Victor E. Wilson, who was elected to the state legislature in 1909

  • Hotel Yancy
    (HOTEL PAWNEE)

    Hotel Yancy<BR>(HOTEL PAWNEE)

    Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the hotel is named for William L. Yancey, who became its proprietor after signing a lease with Keith Neville and Alex Beck in 1928

  • Fox Theater

    Fox Theater

    The Fox Theater is a fine example of the "Picture Palace," a building type popular in America in the 1920

  • Spade Ranch - NHR (Ellsworth Vicinity)

    Spade Ranch - NHR  (Ellsworth Vicinity)

    Spade Ranch is located in the Sandhills of northwestern Nebraska on a tract of land in Sheridan and Cherry counties. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places

  • Gourley's Opera House - NHR (Rushville)

    The one-story, false-front building listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was constructed by Dave Gourley in 1914

  • Sheridan County Courthouse - NHR (Rushville)

    Sheridan County Courthouse - NHR (Rushville)

    Organized in 1885, Sheridan County named Rushville as its county seat in 1888. The county initially rented office space. In February 1904

  • The Clarke Hotel

    The Clarke Hotel

    When the Clarke Hotel was dedicated in February 1914, it was hailed as a triumph of local initiative. It was designed by architect C.W. Way and

  • Nebraska Loan and Trust Company

    Nebraska Loan and Trust Company

    Cities and agricultural areas need capital to finance growth. Nebraska Loan and Trust Company, organized in 1882 with James B. Heartwell as

  • The Stein Building

    The Stein Building

    For more than 30 years after the turn of the century, the Stein Brothers Store provided quality merchandise from all over the world to south central Nebraska shoppers. Located at 620

  • Victory Building

    Victory Building

    The Victory Building, named to commemorate America's victory in World War I, is one of Nebraska's finest examples of early 20th Century industrial architecture. It was constructed between 1917

  • Chautauqua Pavilion

    Chautauqua Pavilion

    In November 1905

  • McCormick Hall

    McCormick Hall

    Hastings College opened in September 1882. In April 1883

  • Thirty-Two-Mile Station Historical Site

    Constructed in 1860, Thirty-two-Mile Creek Station, or Clarke's Ranch, was a "home"

  • Antioch School (District 20 School)

    Antioch School (District 20 School)

    Adams County School District 20 was formed on September 23, 1872. Replacing sod and frame structures, the red brick schoolhouse was built in 1902

  • Hall County Courthouse

    Hall County Courthouse

    One of the finest examples of Beaux-Arts Classicism architecture in the Midwest, the Hall County Courthouse was formally accepted in January, 1904. Note the central section'

  • Hempstead House

    Hempstead House

    Among the four houses located in the National Historic Register District in Pawnee City, the large frame dwelling is a good example of the Queen Anne style. Known as the "Hempstead Mansion,"

  • Z.C.B.J. Hall

    Z.C.B.J. Hall

    Especially valued for its architecture, this building listed on the National Register of Historic Places is one of a kind in the United States.

    Constructed in 1920-21

  • Steinauer Opera House

    Steinauer Opera House

    The Steinauer Opera House occupies the upper story of the Bank of Steinauer, a two-story brick building constructed in 1888 by town founder Joseph Steinauer. Listed on the

  • Table Rock Opera House

    Table Rock Opera House

    Built in 1893

  • Cherry County Courthouse - NHR

    Cherry County Courthouse - NHR

    Although Cherry County is the largest county (in square miles) in Nebraska, early settlement did not occur until the late 1870s. By the early 1880

  • William Stolley Homestead

    William Stolley Homestead

    William Stolley was one of a small band of German immigrants who came to the central Platte Valley of Nebraska Territory in 1857. Stolley filed the first squatter'

  • Hotel Yancey (Yancey Motor Hotel)

    Hotel Yancey (Yancey Motor Hotel)

    National Register of Historic Places

    Named for its proprietor, William L. Yancey, the hotel was begun in April of 1917

  • Liederkranz

    Liederkranz

    National Register of Historic Places

    Liederkranz means "a wreath of songs." In 1870

  • Carnegie Public Library Building

    Carnegie Public Library Building

    National Register of Historic Places

    On April 27, 1903, President Theodore Roosevelt broke ground for the construction of a new Grand Island public library. A $20,000

  • Mrs. H.J. Bartenbach House

    Mrs. H.J. Bartenbach House

    National Register of Historic Places

    The house is a distinct and significant example of a Nebraska dwelling designed in the Moderne style of the 1930

  • Glade-Donald House

    Glade-Donald House

    National Register of Historic Places

  • Hamilton-Donald House

    Hamilton-Donald House

    National Register of Historic Places

    The house was constructed by Henry Falldorf in 1905 for Ellsworth D. Hamilton, cashier of the Commercial State Bank of Grand Island. In 1908

  • Andrew M. Hargis House

    Andrew M. Hargis House

    National Register of Historic Places.

    Built in 1898

  • Oscar Roeser House

    Oscar Roeser House

    National Register of Historic Places

    The Oscar Roeser House was built in 1908

  • Gloe Brother Service Station

    Gloe Brother Service Station

    The Gloe Brother Service Station opened in 1933 and remains at its original location in Wood River. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places,it'

  • Post Office Mural - NHR

    Post Office Mural - NHR

    The former Valentine United States Post Office, constructed in 1936-37, is a one-story, brick and limestone

  • Walcott House - NHR

    Walcott House - NHR

    This one-and-one-half-story frame house, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a simplified example of a Neo-Classical

  • Cherry County Historic Bridges - NHR

    Cherry County Historic Bridges - NHR

    Cherry County has six bridges listed on the National Historic Register usually designated as such because of their age and unique designs.

  • Miller Hotel - NHR

    Miller Hotel - NHR

    The Miller Hotel in Long Pine was originally built as a two-story frame house in 1895. It was converted to a hotel in 1914

  • Lewis Bridge - NHR

    In 1922 Keya Paha County Commissioners and representatives from Tripp County, South Dakota, awarded a

  • National Register Sites in Knox County

    National Register Sites in Knox County

    Bloomfield - Pospeshil Theater (1906): Elaborate pressed tin ceiling, fanciful woodwork.

    - Carnegie Library:

  • Niobrara Railroad Bridge - NHR

    Niobrara Railroad Bridge - NHR

    The old railroad bridge northwest of Niobrara provides a walking bridge from Niobrara to the

  • Waterman Sod House

    Waterman Sod House

    The Wallace W. and Libby King Waterman sod house was built about 1886. The original dwelling had three rooms. In 1925

  • Hartington City Auditorium

    Hartington City Auditorium

    Construction of the Hartington City Auditorium began in the spring of 1922 and was completed in 1923

  • Historic Places in Cedar County

    Hartington - Cedar County Courthouse (1892): Romanesque Revival style.

    - Cedar County Historical Museum:

  • Carnegie Library - NHR

    Carnegie Library - NHR

    This brick structure, faced on three sides with stone, was constructed in 1913

  • Lodgepole Opera House

    The two-story false-front commercial building was constructed by Frank Isenberger in 1911 as a garage, with the opera house located on the upper floor. "Lodgepole Opera House,"

  • 11520 Meisch House - NHR

    11520 Meisch House - NHR

    The Meisch House is a well preserved and notably elaborate example of one of Nebraska's most common house types: the one-story "square" or "cubic"

  • Rattlesnake Bridge - NHR

    In January 1903 the Cuming County Supervisors awarded an annual bridge construction contract to the Standard Bridge Company of Omaha. In 1903

  • Harder Hotel

    Harder Hotel

    The Harder Hotel, constructed in 1901 in Scribner, is significant for its association with the commercial

  • Dodge Co. Historic Sites

    Dodge Co. Historic Sites

    Dodge - Town Hall - 1896

    Fremont - Nye House (May Museum - 1874) - NHR; Schneider House - NHR (1887);

  • Schneider's Opera House

    Schneider's Opera House

    The two-story brick building, constructed in 1900-1901

  • Hooper Historic District

    Hooper Historic District

    The Hooper Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places

  • North Bend Carnegie Library

    North Bend Carnegie Library

    The North Bend Carnegie Library, dedicated in 1913, is a typical example of a small town library in the early twentieth century. Andrew Carnegie, often called the "Patron Saint&

  • St. Anthony's Catholic School

    St. Anthony's Catholic School

    St. Anthony's school (1911 and 1926)

  • Town Hall

    Town Hall

    Built in 1913

  • Spielman House - NHR

    Spielman House - NHR

    The Spielman House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, has been owned by Delmar and Elaine Chamberlain since 1981 and exhibits both Queen Anne and NeoClassical

  • John Henry Stork Log House - NHR

    John Henry Stork Log House - NHR

    John Henry Stork came to Burt County from Prussia in 1864 and settled on a farm in Arizona Precinct near Tekamah. Stork later built the log house and in September 1871

  • Tekamah City Bridge - NHR

    Tekamah City Bridge - NHR

    The Tekamah City Bridge is included on the National Register of Historic Places

  • Tecumseh Historic District - NHR

    Tecumseh Historic District - NHR

    Overlooking the north fork of the Big Nemaha River in southeast Nebraska's Drift Hills region, Tecumseh has been the county seat of Johnson County since the county's organization in 1856-57

  • Tecumseh City Hall

    Tecumseh City Hall

    Tecumseh's city hall was erected in 1890, at the cost of just over $4,000, and is another of the fanciful architectural treasures of the historic district listed on the

  • Tecumseh Opera House

    Tecumseh Opera House

    The Tecumseh Opera House is a two-story brick building on the west side of the courthouse square. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building was built in 1880

  • Keim Stone Arch Bridge - NHR

    As indicated by a plate on the bridge itself, the Keim Stone Arch was built in 1916 by the Keim Cement

  • Israel Beetison House - NHR

    Israel Beetison House - NHR

    The Israel Beetison House is one of the finest examples of the Italianate style in Nebraska, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

  • National Bank of Ashland - NHR

    National Bank of Ashland - NHR

    The two-story brick and stone commercial building, which was constructed in 1889 in the Richardsonian

  • Ashland Bridge - NHR

    In late August 1935 the Saunders County Commissioners voted to file for funding from the Federal Emergency

  • Little Nemaha River Bridge - NHR

    As indicated by a builder's plate on the bridge itself, the structure was erected in 1901 by the John Gilligan

  • Weeping Water Historic District-NHR

    The town of Weeping Water was incorporated in December 1870. It was known as the "stone city" because of the town'

  • Gibson House - NHR

    Gibson House - NHR

    The Gibson House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is an excellent example in Nebraska of Georgian architecture.

  • Ideal Steam Laundry

    Ideal Steam Laundry

    The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce

  • Samuel Bullock House

    Samuel Bullock House

    An example of the Greek Revival style, the house was built in 1869 in Fremont for Samuel Bullock, a prominent interior decorator. In the 1890

  • J. D. McDonald House

    J. D. McDonald House

    The J. D. McDonald House, built in 1888, is an excellent example of the Queen Anne style. While employing the

  • R. B. Schneider House

    R. B. Schneider House

    The large two-story frame house, located in Fremont, exemplifies a transitional product of Queen Anne and

  • Morrill Farmstead - NHR

    Morrill Farmstead - NHR

    The Charles H. Morrill Homestead, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is

  • Bradshaw Town Hall - NHR

    Bradshaw Town Hall - NHR

    The Bradshaw Town Hall, a two-story brick municipal building constructed in 1902-3, is a good

  • York Library Building - NHR

    York Library Building - NHR

    Constructed in 1901-02 in York, the library is a fine example of educational architecture. Designed by

  • York Subways - NHR

    In 1938-39 Nebraska's Bureau of Roads and Bridges undertook a federal aid project. It entailed grading, paving, and culvert construction along a thirty-eight-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 81 between

  • Jeffrey Homestead - NHR

    Jeffrey Homestead - NHR

    The homestead of the W. S. Jeffery family, near Benedict, is a fine example of a prosperous farmstead in eastern Nebraska dating from 1878

  • Lake Bridenthal House

    Lake Bridenthal House

    The Lake Bridenthal House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is the most distinctive local example of the Queen Anne style. Built in 1900

  • Oto Agency (Barneston Site) Historical Marker

    The Oto tribe signed an 1854 treaty relinquishing their territory west of the Missouri River except for a 250

  • Historic Downtown Superior

    Historic Downtown Superior

    Downtown Superior has been designated a National Historic District

  • Smith Lime Kiln

    Smith Lime Kiln

    A long-abandoned lime kiln, looking very much like a large stone chimney stands along the River Road northwest of Fairbury. For a period of at least 20

  • Historic Square

    Historic Square

    The Fairbury Commercial District, consisting of a 10-block downtown area of 97 contributing buildings, was officially entered in the National Register of Historic Places on June 20, 1997

  • I.0.0.F. Temple Building

    I.0.0.F. Temple Building

    What is today known as the Ackerman Building was originally called the I.0.0.F. Temple Building. It was the first building downtown to be placed on the National Register of Historic Places

  • Steele City Historical District

    Steele City Historical District

    Four old restored buildings are the main attractions here. The district has a 1900 stone blacksmith's shop in working condition, 1902 stone livery stable, 1880'

  • Gehling's Theater

    Gehling's Theater

    Constructed in 1892-93

  • John Holman House

    John Holman House

    The two-and-one-half-story brick house was built about 1983 by John Holman, a wealthy farmer and landowner in the Humboldt area in Richardson County. Listed on the

  • Isaac Newton Clark House

    Isaac Newton Clark House

    Built about 1877 the Isaac Newton Clark House is a good example of Gothic Revival residence, a relatively rare building type in Nebraska. It is listed on the

  • Geneva Auditorium

    Geneva Auditorium

    The two-story brick Auditorium which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, opened in December 1915

  • George W. Smith House

    George W. Smith House

    Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this house was built in 1890

  • Historic Hanson House

    Historic Hanson House

    This simplified Queen Anne dwelling was built about 1888 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The house is the childhood home of Dr. Howard Hanson from 1896-1917

  • Strang Town Hall/Jail

    Strang Town Hall/Jail

    The Strang Library is housed in the former Town Hall/Jail building, which was built in 1907 and converted to a library in 1977. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Strang District #36 Schoolhouse

    Strang District #36 Schoolhouse

    The two-story brick building, built in 1929-30 in a simplified version of the Reanissance Revival-style, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Franklin Academy

    Franklin Academy

    Franklin County is rich in its cultural achievements. In 1880, Franklin was chosen as a site for one of few Academies in Nebraska. Franklin's City Park is now located where the Academy once stood.

  • Ernest A. Calling House

    Ernest A. Calling House

    Ernest A. Calling, a pioneer businessman of Gothenburg, hired L.J. Anderson to build this distinctive Queen Anne style home in 1907. Born in Klipp, Sweden, in 1870

  • John M. Daniel House

    John M. Daniel House

    The two-story limestone house, constructed in 1876-81, is a remnant of the village of Estelle, established by John Daniel in 1881