The site, which just underwent a $7 million renovation, contains the remains of two frontier garrisons, Federal Court for the Western District of Arkansas, "Hangin' Judge" Isaac C. Parker's courtroom, reproduction of the 1886 gallows, the "Hell on the Border" jail, the 1846 Commissary. This site was seized by Rebel troops on April 23, 1863 and then recaptured by Federal forces two years later. It was a strategic point for both sides during the Civil War.
Phone: (479) 783-3961
Fax: (479) 783-5307
Come visit us in Arkansas, Arkansas