The original Courthouse was built in 1723. The present courthouse was built prior to 1869: some say as early as 1842
Dating from about 1786
Self-guided walking tour of historic downtown Pittsboro includes a variety of shops, restaurants, and modest Chatham Historical Museum (open Wednesdays from noon until 3pm).
Honoring the site of the March 15, 1781 Revolutionary battle, the park consists of 28 monuments and a visitor center on 200
The Madison County Courthouse, constructed in 1907, is a two-story Neo-Classical Revival brick structure in the heart of Marshall. It cost $30,000
Designed and built by John Berry in 1844-1845. Outstanding example of Greek Revival architecture with details of woodwork and stair brackets from Asher-Benjamins' pattern book. An English Clock (c.17
(c. 1837) The Courthouse is the focal point of Historic Morganton's National Register District and houses the Historic Burke Foundations; Heritage Museum, and the Vistor Information Center. <
Alamance County was formed in 1849
The Clay County Courthouse is located in the center of a quaint, tree-filled town square in Hayesville. Completed in 1889
Erected in 1876 and now on the National Register of Historic Places. The courthouse building is a synthesis of the Greek Revival, Italianate and Second Empires styles.
See the Greek Revival building built in 1848.
Greek Revival bed & breakfast. The house was once the Sampson County Courthouse from 1818-1904.