Oklahoma Historic Homes

  • LaQuinta Foster Mansion

    Circa 1932. A 32 room Spanish-style mansion.

  • Sharpe House

    Sharpe House

    The house was constructed on land bought in 1911

  • Hogue House

    The Hogue House is an original Sears & Roebuck pre-cut house purchased in Chicago in 1913 for $1,600 and delivered by train.

  • J. Bartley Milam Home

    J. Bartley Milam Home

    This private home was originally built by J. BARTLEY MILAM, Principal Chief of the Cherokees. The Cherokee government had been dismantled in 1907 when Oklahoma became a state. In 1941

  • Langston House

    Langston House

    The Langston House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Shady Brook Home

    Shady Brook Home

    Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905

  • Glass Mansion

    Glass Mansion

    Another facility owned and operated by the Nowata Historical Society, the Glass mansion, better known as "The Glass house,"

  • Historic Homes

    Historic Homes

    This is the 1893 home of James Parkinson, who was the first president of the First National Bank of Wagoner and a very wealthy man. He also was a prominent cattleman in the Creek Nation.

  • Renfro Miller House

    Historic home.

  • Penick House

    Penick House

    The Penick House was built in 1912 for B.G Penick by a contractor named P. M. Williams. A contractor and builder active from 1907 to 1920

  • CCC Ranch Headquarters

    CCC Ranch Headquarters

    The CCC Ranch Headquarters was built in the 1880s of native stone, cut and laid up in a running bond. The rough-faced stone bunkhouse stands nearby. Listed on the

  • Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House

    Kee-Tilghman-Erwin House

    National Register of Historic Places Built in 1898 by O.B. Kee, this mansard-roofed home was purchased in 1901 by famed Deputy U.S. Marshal, William Mathew "Bill"

  • Conklin-Marshall-Gregory House

    Conklin-Marshall-Gregory House

    Porch columns and three tiers of railings or balustrades made this house look like a wedding cake. Built in 1905

  • Johnson-Yinger-Young House

    Johnson-Yinger-Young House

    National Register of Historic Places This two-story white clapboard home was built in 1897 by H.F. Johnson as a simple territorial "four square" home. In 1905

  • Gardner Mansion and Largest Tree

    The 1880 mansion is the former home of Jefferson Gardner, principal chief of the Choctaws, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • Peter Conser Historic House

    Home of the leader of the Choctaw Lighthorsemen.

  • Spaulding-Olive House

    Also referred to as the Magnolia Mansion, this colonial mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  • J. G. Puterbaugh House and Garrard Ardenium

    Once the home of J.G. Puterbaugh, one of the founding fathers of the coal business in McAlester, this home and its grounds may be viewed by appointment only.

  • Moore-Settle House

    Moore-Settle House

    Three-story, circa 1899 home listed on the National Register of Historic Places

  • Wiley Post Memorial

    Former home of Wiley Post (Private ownership)

  • Murray Mansion

    Murray Mansion

    At Erin Springs near Lindsay, stands the largest farm in cultivation in all Indian Territory. The owner of this land and the 1880 handsome, three-story home was rancher, Frank Murray. He owned 20,000

  • Rowell House

    Rowell House

    - 1899

  • Nunley House

    Nunley House

    Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.