Carrie Plumb was the widow of Emporia Founder and United States Senator Preston B. Plumb. She built the house in 1895 around an earlier house which had been the Plumb home since 1880
Built in 1907, is a Shingle style with limestone accents. Finney and his son, Ronald, were successful financiers and close associates of important political figures. In the 30
This house, a National Historic Register Landmark, was rented by William Allen White in 1899 and purchased by him in 1901. It was his home for 45
Completed in 1867 as the home of local stonemason Richard Howe, this two-story limestone structure reflects Federal and Greek Revivals styles in addition to the building traditions of Howe'
Wamego is the birthplace of Walter P. Chrysler, the founder of the Chrysler Corporation. Chrysler artifacts can be found in the Wamego Historical Museum.
The Sam Wood House (also known as the Nelson Ranch), the original part was built in the 1860's and is now known as "Buck Creek Ranch."
One hundred and thirty years ago in 1870, Wells P. Bailey built this two-story log house of native walnut trees. The logs were hand hewn with some as much as 20 inches in diameter.
The Curry home was built in 1900. John Steuart Curry was then three years old. He lived in the home until he was eighteen. In 1987
Located northeast of Ottawa 2 miles north on U.S. Highway 59 and then east. The home was built in 1862 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
John Tecumseh "
The French-Norman style house which was built by Frank P. MacLennan in 1928, is home to the governor of Kansas. It is the focal point of a 200-acre estate overlooking the Kansas river. Listed on the <
Aviatrix Amelia Earhart was born in this home, built by her grandfather, Judge Alfred G. Otis, in the early 1860
Constructed in 1856
Built in 1841 as the residence of the post sutler, Hiram Rich, who supplied the troops with such "nonissued items" as tobacco, writing paper, and whiskey.
The Rookery at 12-14 Sumner Place is the oldest house in Kansas. It was completed in 1834 and was the first permanent post headquarters building. Lieutenant Douglas MacArthur lived here in the early 1
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this twenty-three room Victorian mansion was built in 1880
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the twenty-five room Georgian mansion was built in 1905
This house was built in the 1880
This native stone home was built by Gus Schroeder in 1888. The Schroeder home and the date built are inscribed on the stone scroll above the front door. The exterior from the 100
The gingerbread trim home was built by Mr. Eck, who was a lumberman in Alma. It was built in 1904 and features a turret room, a tower resembling a castle, and original lap siding.
Over the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882
This house was located in the middle of several lots, but at the same general location years ago, perhaps in the early 1880
This house, built in the early 1880s was originally a four room house, owned by Frank I. Sage. Mr. Sage added four more rooms, all stone in 1901
This home was built in the 1880s also. Up until recent years it housed Alma'
This home was originally a coach stop and inn in the 1870s and much later, bought and added onto by A.S. Allendorph, a well known rancher around Alma.
View this beautifully historic residence that was home to Charles Curtis. Charles Curtis served as vice president under Herbert Hoover from 1929-1933
Eva Dalton Whipple was the only sister to the infamous Dalton brothers. She married John Whipple, October 25, 1887
The historic Warkentin House is the former home of Bernhard and Wilhelmina Warkentin, built in 1887
Carry A. Nation was a woman who changed the course of Kansas history. In 1880
The historic boyhood home of Major General Frederick Funston. Artifacts and furniture on display at the Funston Home include items that were originally at the homestead during Frederick Funston'
Built in 1888 by Peter Brandt, the Victorian style house was donated to the Anderson County Historical Society by the Dr. C. B. Harris family. Refurbished in 1986
Built in 1899