The original depot burned in 1902 and was replaced in 1903. In 1913
The Midland Historic Railroad began operation August 8, 1987 with a restored diesel engine, a 1923 Rock Island commuter coach and a 1950
The Santa Fe Depot was built in 1906 and is the only remaining depot of Kansas' first railroad south of the Kaw, the Leavenworth, Lawrence, and Ft. Gibson.
After the Union Pacific Railroad converted to diesel power in the early 1950
The original depot was moved to Albany from Bern, Kansas in 1965. It was destroyed by fire in 1980 and a new replica was built in 1981.
Learn about American history and railroading history by viewing one of Kansas largest model railroad layouts. Two train layouts featuring N&HO scales; "
Constructed in 1879 and listed on the National Historic Register
The renovated former Courtland Depot is now the Depot Market located on US 36
The authentic red brick railroad depot was built in the early 1900'
The 1912-1913 Frisco Train Depot was relocated to the Legler Barn Museum Complex in 1987, from its long time home in old town Lenexa at the intersection of Santa Fe Trail Drive and Pflumm.
The renovated Atwood Depot is now a gift and collectibles store that sits at the edge of Lake Atwood.
The Hugoton Santa Fe Depot was first known in 1913, when the railroad came to Stevens county. It was removed from its location in 1982
Lakin originated as one of the early stops on the Santa Fe Railroad from Dodge City to Colorado in 1872. This depot, constructed in 1876
The Shallow Water Depot will hopefully find its permanent setting at Selkirk, Kansas, after making its fifth move in over a hundred and thirteen years and restored as it would have looked in 1887.
In April, 1888, the first train with goods other than construction materials arrived at the end of the new Rock Island line in Liberal, Kansas.
The El Dorado Missouri-Pacific Depot began as a wooden structure in 1883 in a town of less than 2,000
The Santa Fe Railroad was the first railroad that came into Caldwell. Traces of the pens are still visible as well as the roundhouse.
The existing Santa Fe Depot is the fourth depot built in Ellinwood and was dedicated on Dec. 17, 1903. The previous depot was hit by lightning and burned in 1902
Coffey County Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center is located in a bright red Sante Fe Caboose at the intersection of Highway 75
In March, 1999, the Santa Fe Depot was purchased by a private citizen from the Central Kansas Railway and later deeded to The Santa Fe Depot Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3
For information on moving to, or visiting Oswego, Kansas, stop by the Visitor's Center housed in an authentic Missouri, Kansas, and Texas (MKT) Caboose.
tThe Santa Fe Depot was renovated in 1996 and serves as a tourist information center and resting place for The Spirit Trail users. The are picnic facilities, restrooms, concession area (
During its post-Civil War rebuilding, one of Lawrence's main goals was to establish itself as the railroad hub of the Midwest. In 1882, Union Pacific spent $40,000
The Columbus Wye is a one of its kind three way switch allowing trains to turn around.
In 1886 the first iron horse, the train, thundered into Stafford. The line was the Chicago-Kansas and Western. This was changed to the Santa Fe ten years later. The AT&SF railroad runs east/
The Frisco Caboose Mueseum houses railroad artifacts and memorabilia.
The Santa Fe Depot remains as an icon to the bygone days of railroading with memories of steam locomotives, doodlebugs and cabooses. Built in 1910
Built in 1885 for Frisco Railroad steam engines in Beaumont, the water tower provided water for the railroad roundhouse and cattle shipping operation. Listed on the
This historic Union Pacific depot has been restored to its 1927
Restored Santa Fe Depot built in 1917