St. Patrick's is the oldest Catholic structure in continous use in Kansas by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City.
In the spring of 1857, St. Patrick's was established by Rev. Augustine Wirth, O.S.B. The first church was erected in the fall of 1859 by a few Irish settlers. The present stone church was built in 1865 after the original log structure was destroyed by a tornado in 1861, and blessed on December 8, 1866.
Address: Kansas Highway 7, eight miles south of Atchison
Come visit us in Kansas, Kansas