Most of the buildings in the 400 block of Will Rogers Blvd. (main street) were built during the period of 1904 and 1925. In 1902, WILSON HARDWARE was established as a family owned business and remained so until 1985. Little has changed architecturally in the interior making it a well preserved
example of this time period. The building is now occupied by the Antique Peddler's Mall at 422 W.Will Rogers.
The brown brick building at 411 Will Rogers Blvd. has served several clothing departments since 1916. Inlaid white, red, and green octagonal tiles on the exterior entry spell out "gents" and "ladies" and are all still intact. The staircase led to offices upstairs formerly occupied by Dr. Kaho's dental office and Holtzendorff's law office.
Ann's Cleaners at 401, a large two-story brick, housed a variety of businesses, but the second floor is best remembered as CLAREMORE'S FIRST HOSPITAL established by Dr. Meloy.
Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma