The site where Royal Governor William Tryon led the NC militia against the Regulators in battle on May 16, 1771. Located on the grounds is the Allen House, a log dwelling characteristic of those lived in by frontier people on the western fringes of the colony. The Allen House was constructed around 1780 and was donated by descendants of the family and restored and refurbished with its original furnishings. A visitor center is located on the site and an audiovisual demonstration can be seen.
Come visit us in Burlington, North Carolina