The original building was constructed in 1884 by Charles Osterman and George Tremaine, wholesale produce
dealers in Fremont. The Ideal Steam Laundry, Johnson and Company, proprietors, moved into the building in
1894 and doubled the size of the structure in 1911
The Fremont Lakes State Recreation area just west of Fremont draws nearly a million visitors a year. The 700-acre site has 20 sandpit lakes that provide fishing, swimming, power boating, skiing and jet skiing. There are 200
This is the community's premier celebration, and is held three days in July. Activities take place throughout town and include a wide variety of entertainment, cultural presentations, historical re-enactments, food courts, live entertainment, craft booths, sporting events and more.
Visit the historic depots in the downtown district of Fremont in the vicinity of 1st and "D" Streets. There is the two-story brick Chicago & Northwestern Freight House built in 1903 after C&NW gained control of the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley Railroad which began in 1869 (now the Fremont &