The 3-story native sandstone Castle was the first home of Baker University, Kansas' oldest 4-year college. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places , it was built in 1857 and 1858, at a cost of $3,200 and includes native wood - mostly walnut - woodwork. It provided a "
Parmenter Hall with its distinguishing tower, is the first building actually built on the Baker University campus and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places . The cornerstone was laid in June, 1866, but lack of financing delayed completion until 1881
The native stone and brick bridge over Tauy Creek was erected in 1890 at the request of Baldwin's first female mayor, Lucy Sullivan. Mrs. Sullivan, one of the nation's earliest woman mayors, and her all-female council distinguished themselves with community improvements such as this bridge "
Case Hall is Baker University's first library building. Completed in 1907 with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation it is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its innovated construction for the time.
A white oak log cabin stands at the roadside park three miles east of Baldwin on Highway 56. Built in observance of Kansas' centennial in 1961, it now houses historical artifacts as well as hosting meetings and gatherings.