LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Bank Of Dwight


category : Historic Buildings
The Bank of Dwight built in 1855, is the oldest business institution in the village. The Greek Classic design building was remodeled in 1974 to expand to the adjacent building. An original mural painted by Viennese artist, Oskar Gross, is displayed.


Hours: M-F: 9am-3pm & 8am-5pm S: 9am-noon & 8am-noon. Closed major holidays.
Address: 132 E. Main St.
Phone: 815-584-1855
Our Email: Bod@btc.skynet.net
Our Website:bankofdwight.com
Wheelchair Accessible Facility

Come visit us in Dwight, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute. The building has been on the National Registry of Historic Places,since 1980

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Village of Dwight in 2001

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

First National Bank of Dwight

Famed architech Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905

Dwight, IL Architecture

Bank Of Dwight

The Bank of Dwight built in 1855, is the oldest business institution in the village. The Greek Classic design building was remodeled in 1974

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Dwight, IL

English Farm

As you drive by this farm, your eye is drawn upward to a towering brick structure near the modern brick home. The building, e...

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville

The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the Hou...

Dominy Memorial Library

A turn-of-the-century domed building has had interior restoration to preserve features of the building. It is now an up to da...

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation buildin...

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are st...