Mr. Rose built a two-story brick building in 1911. He owned and operated a hardware store on the ground level. The upstairs had several interesting businesses including a pool hall, photograph studio and dental offices. Watonga'
The Ferguson Mansion was built in 1907 and is open for tours of its period furnishings and historic memorabilia. T.B. Ferguson, appointed Oklahoma's sixth territorial governor by President Theodore Roosevelt, is best remembered for his efforts to turn Oklahoma Territory into Oklahoma the State.
The current Noble House structure was built in 1912 by Abe Bills, and replaced an old landmark wooden rooming house. The lower level of the new building housed a residence and a barber shop for Mr. Bills, his wife and daughter. The upstairs portion served as a rooming house.
Watonga Cheese has a new facility in a new town but prides itself in its 70-year tradition to produce rich, handmade cheddar cheese full of flavor.
Now located in Perryton, TX we continue to use the original equipment and recipe that makes our factory stand out from the rest!