The Rural Dale School which was located east of LeRoy, Kansas in Coffey County, was recently donated to the Coffey County Museum by Irene Woods.
The 1896 school house has been moved next to the Museum and is currently undergoing restoration. Restoration should be completed early in 1997.
In early Coffey County history, farmers brought their wheat to this well-known Burlington landmark situated at the east end of Kennebec Street.
The elevator building is all that remains of the Excelsior Water Mills, built in 1869
The Post Office building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 17, 1989 for its association with the Treasury Department's Section Program and for the artistic significance of the sculpture it contains.
The sculpture, "Boy and Colt,"