The St. Francis Xavier Church is one of Burlington's older churches, built in 1901. It replaced a frame building built in 1871.Parishioners excavated a basement beneath the existing building in 1954 and outfitted it as a church hall.
Mass was offered by missionary priests as early as 1859
People come from miles around to use the many parks and recreation facilities in Burlington. Burlington has five recreational parks: Conrad Park, Drake Park and City Dam, Jones Youth Recreational Park, and Kelley Park, and Oak Park
The Post Office building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 17, 1989 for its association with the Treasury Department's Section Program and for the artistic significance of the sculpture it contains.
The sculpture, "Boy and Colt,"
The Rural Dale School which was located east of LeRoy, Kansas in Coffey County, was recently donated to the Coffey County Museum by Irene Woods.
The 1896 school house has been moved next to the Museum and is currently undergoing restoration. Restoration should be completed early in 1997.