LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Carnegie Library


category : Carnegie Libraries
Carnegie Library Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Carnegie Library was built in 1904 with the help of a $10,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie.

The building is located just to the west of the Courthouse and now houses the county attorney's office.


Address: Downtown, 4th and Poyntz

Come visit us in Manhattan, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Carnegie Library

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Carnegie Library was built in 1904 with the help of a $10,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie. The building is located just to the west of the Courthouse and now houses the county attorney's office.

Manhattan, KS Carnegie Libraries

Pottawatomie Lake #2

State Fishing Lake No. 2.is located about four miles northeast of Manhattan. Pottawatomie Lake #2 is a scenic lake of about 75 acres that holds nice populations of crappie, largemouth bass and bluegill. The lake also produces impressive strings of channel catfish and holds some very nice walleyes.

Manhattan, KS Recreation

Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art

The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art offers an in-depth look at Kansas art and brings art and artists from around the world to the heart of Kansas. This 25,000 sq. ft. facility is home to KSU's permanent art collection. Since its establishment in 1928, this collection has grown to over 7,000

Manhattan, KS Museums

Pioneer Log Cabin

The pioneer museum was built in 1915 as a home and displays agricultural tool exhibits.

Manhattan, KS Museums

Riley County Courthouse

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places the dominating limestone Courthouse was completed in 1906, built by Topeka contractor, J.B. Betts, and local contractor, Clarence Johnson. The citizens pledged $1,000 for the tower clock.

Manhattan, KS Historic Courthouses

Things to do Carnegie Libraries near Manhattan, KS

Anderson Memorial Library

A rusticated limestone block structure in Neoclassical style, which was completed in 1902. A gift from Andrew Carnegie in mem...