Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Upcoming Events in Carolina Beach North Carolina
Pleasure Island's Free Fireworks at the Beach
- Free fireworks every Thursday at the Beach! The fireworks are launched on the beach in front of the famous Carolina Beach Boardwalk. Fireworks start after sunset (approx 9pm) June - Sept.
Address: On the Beach, 1121 North Lake Park Boulevard , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
|Pleasure Island's Free Movies at the Lake - Free familiy movies at the lake every Sunday! The movies are held at the Carolina Beach Lake Park in Beautiful Carolina Beach, NC. The movies start after sunset (approx 8:45pm). July-August|
Island of Lights Fashion Show
- This year's Fashion Show will be held from 11 am to 2 pm. Fashions featured will be from touchÃ©, and other local clothing shops in Carolina Beach.
Lunch will be served, and in addition there will be a Silent Auction and Raffle. Tickets for the event will be on sale beginning late in February at touchÃ© and other business on Pleasure Island. The price is a $22 donation and all proceeds from this event support Holiday Events sponsored by the Island of Lights. Tickets will be limited and should be purchased early.
Call tor information.
Address: American Legion Post No. 129, 1500 Bridge Barrier Road , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Pleasure Island Beach Music Festival
- Grab your shagging shoes and come on down for the Beach Music Festival held on the Ocean Front Beach Stage near the Boardwalk. Come dance the day away to all the great beach music tunes you remember from summers past. Don't feel like dancing? Then settle down in your beach chair to enjoy watching the dancers and hearing the bands. First Saturday in June
Address: Ocean Front Beach Stage, Cape Fear Blvd , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Pleasure Island Independence Day Fireworks
- Come join us to celebrate Independence Day! Fireworks are launched on the beach in front of the fabulous Carolina Beach Boardwalk.
Address: On the Beach Cape Fear Blvd, 1121 North Lake Park Boulevard , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Island of Lights Christmas Card & Ornament Reception
- The Island of Lights card and ornament reception will be held from 1 to 4 PM in the Pleasure Island Plaza in front of Frame Mart.
Light refreshments will be served. This annual event is very special this year because it is the 20th Anniversary of the Island of Lights organization! The design of this year's card and ornament continue the series of 'Island Creatures' and in addition commemorates the 20-year tradition of lighting up Pleasure Island for the Holiday Season. The artists will be available to personally sign your 2009 Christmas Card and Ornament. Both cards and ornaments will be available at the reception and in many local shops in Carolina and Kure Beaches. The cards are $10 per pack of twelve and the ornaments are $12 each
Annual Salty Paws Festival
- Bring your pawed pets!! Bring your children!! Lots of music and entertainment. Gifts for first 300 attendees. Pet contests, children's activities, raffles, and prizes. Microchipping-$30, rescue animals for adoption, animal educational materials, arts, crafts, and food. 11 a.m.-5 p.m., rain date, Sunday). All funds are used for benefit of animal rescue by Saving Animals During Disasters, a nonprofit organization.
Address: Carolina Beach Park, Lake Park Blvd. , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
|Walking Tour of the Lake - One mile magical walk around Carolina Beach Lake. Local community groups will have lighted displays, luminaries and caroling. This begins Thanksgiving weekend and will continue through Christmas. Free, dusk until...|
Island of Lights Light up the Lake Celebration
- The light up ceremony officially begins the month long Island of Lights Festival starting at 7pm. Families can walk one mile around the lake to view the beautiful lighted displays which will remain up until after New Years Eve. Santa will visit the celebration and free refreshments will be served prior to Light up.
The brief opening ceremony, prior to the actual lighting, will feature the President of The Island of Lights committee, Pleasure Island elected officials, and musical entertainment. Local Boy Scouts provide the Honor Guard and display the Flag for the singing of the National Anthem.
The Lake is located at the intersection of Atlanta Avenue and Lake Park Boulevard in Carolina Beach, NC.
Address: Carolina Beach Lake , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Island of Lights Christmas Parade
- Exceptional night-time electric parade featuring floats, bands, Santa Claus, and much more. All combined to bring festive fun and entertainment to all. The parade proceeds from Atlanta Avenue down Lake Park Boulevard to the Federal Point Plaza in Carolina Beach. 7:30 pm.
Address: Lake Park Blvd , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Island of Lights Holiday Flotilla
- Fishing boats and pleasure crafts electrically decorated with thousands of lights present a spectacular display on the Intracoastal Waterway. The parade of boats will cruise from Snows Cut to Carolina Beach Boat Basin and back. The boats compete for prizes and add to the wonderful holiday spirit and a panel of judges will be on hand to choose the winners. Bring the family and enjoy the evening at Carolina Beach. 6pm.
For an application to enter a boat in the Flotilla, go to the Checkered Church in Carolina Beach at 800 St. Joseph St., Carolina Beach (910) 458-0211, or to the website for the Island of Lights. Forms will be online in November.
Address: Carolina Beach Boat Basin , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Island of Lights Holiday Tour of Homes
- Take a self-guided tour through some of Pleasure Island's (Carolina & Kure Beaches) most beautiful homes when they are decorated for the holidays. Enjoy Southern hospitality at its best as the owners welcome you into the privacy of their homes for this special holiday treat. Tickets will be available at businesses on Pleasure Island, including touché at 201 N. Lake Park Blvd., Carolina Beach. 4 PM to 9 PM.
The contact for information for the event and also for having your home or other suitable location (business, church, historical site) in the tour is James Allen at 910-458-5006. Visit website.
Address: Pleasure Island (Carolina & Kure Beaches) , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Island of Lights New Year's Celebration
- The New Year's Celebration will be held on New Year's Eve, December 31st near the Gazebo at the Boardwalk in Carolina Beach.
Don't miss the giant lighted beach ball being dropped at midnight followed by a spectacular fireworks demonstration.
This free family-friendly event will feature a DJ and dancing with refreshments and party favors available for purchase.
In an Island of Lights tradition, there will be a raffle, with the winner taking home the original artwork for the Island of Lights 2014 official Christmas card and ornament.
Bring the family to Carolina Beach at 9 pm to join the festivities.
Address: Boardwalk Gazebo at Carolina Beach, NC , Carolina Beach, North Carolina