LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Chicago and Alton Depot


category :
Built in 1879, the depot began to fall into disrepair after the last train ran thorugh in 1960. the structure was moved to its present location on the campus of the National Frontier Trails Center and has been completely restored to its working depot operation and the upstairs station master's living quarters.


Admission: free, donations accepted
Hours: call for days and hours of operation.
Address: 318 W. Pacific
Phone: 816-325-7955

Come visit us in Independence, Missouri

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Harry S. Truman Courtroom and Office

Restored office courtroom used by Truman while gresiding judge of county court in 1930s. Sound and light show, "The Man from Independence," on Truman'

Independence, MO Museums

Mormon Visitors Center

Learn about the key roles Mormons played in the early and tempestuous history of Independence. See rare artifacts, exhibits and artwork documenting the history and belief of the Saints. Of particular note is a two story mural entitled "The Second Coming of Jesus Christ."

Independence, MO Museums


Cool Crest Family Fun Center

The 7,000 sq. ft. arcade features video games and more for the whole family. Four beautiful 18

Independence, MO Recreation

Pioneer Spring Cabin

Austere two-room cabin offers a look at life in the 1800

Independence, MO Museums

Things to do near Independence, MO

Herbert Bonnell Museum

Farmhouse from mid-1800s with original furnishings, large arrowhead collection and out buildings with items from that era. Pi...

Graystone Park House

The original house was built between 1833 and 1836, and an addition was made in 1850. The house takes its name from the limes...

Prime Outlets at Odessa

Forty-five-store outlet mall featuring name-brand manufacturers' outlets like Eddie Bauer, Gap, Levi's, Spiegel, Reebok and m...

Excelsior Springs Golf Club

Course Access: PublicHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 5 days...

Stonehaus Farms Winery

The Stonehaus Farms Winery was founded and bonded in 1996 by Ken and Carol Euritt to further their interests in viticulture a...