LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

French Cannons

These beautiful artifacts of bygone wars remain a mystery at Fort Leavenworth. They were cast in the 1700s in Paris; the name of the foundryman and place and date of manufacture are on each piece. How or why they came to Leavenworth is unknown.

Fort Leavenworth, KS Military History

St. Ignatius Chapel

The St. Ignatius Chapel was built here in 1889 and replaced the original chapel which had been built near here in 1871.

Fort Leavenworth, KS Historic Churches

Barth Hall and the "Beehive"

Barth Hall, the building on the corner of Kearney and McCellan Avenues, was the home in 1881 of the School of Application for Cavalry and Infantry, the predecessor of the Command and General Staff College. The large building directly west of Barth Hall is known as the "Beehive." Built in 1882

Fort Leavenworth, KS Historic Buildings

Headquarters Area

Headquarters area buildings are named for Generals Sherman, Grant, and Sheridan. They were built from 1859 to 1904 and are on the site of the former soldiers burying ground.

Fort Leavenworth, KS Historic Buildings

General Grant's Statue

Sculpted by Loredo Taft, in 1889, the statue and the pedestal are 9 feet tall each. It was the largest statue of its type in the Midwest when it was installed.

Fort Leavenworth, KS Memorials

Things to do Colleges near Fort Leavenworth, KS