Known as the beacon light of Concordia, the well-known rose window looks over the community from the convent. It is the official Motherhouse and Home for the 260 Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia. It was built in 1903 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Sites
From 1943 to 1945 during WWII over 4,000 Germans were held in an internment camp where they experienced a type of freedom they had never known at home. Located on 157.5 acres, Camp Concordia consisted of 308 buildings.
Today, a guard tower, guard post building, water tower base and building T-9
Between 1854 and 1929 over 250,000 orphaned, abandoned, and homeless children were relocated from New York and 'placed out' all across the US. The Orphan Train Movement is one of the largest social reform relocation efforts in our nation'