Upcoming Events in Cuba Missouri
Race to the Rocker
- Race to the Rocker
JOG, inc., or Joggers of God, in Cuba is teaming with the Route 66 Fanning Outpost General Store to sponsor a unique four-mile "straight shot" run to the distinctive 42-foot steel rocking chair that looms over Route 66, 4 miles west of central Cuba. The 2010 race is slated for March 27, 2010, rain or shine, at 9:00 am. It will start from Britton Funeral Home at 904 W. Washington.
Cuba, designated "Route 66 Mural City," by the Missouri Legislature for its 12 outdoor murals is an attraction for travelers who stop to visit the city's artwork. The commissioning of the murals by Viva Cuba, a local beautification organization, encouraged additional paintings and sculptures inside and outside businesses throughout the town as the community embraced the idea of public art.
According to race director Brad Austin, "This is a chance to combine both the running, which our group loves, and the town's art with a fun event to benefit the community." The money made from the race will be donated to a charity which will benefit the Cuba community.
JOG, inc, organized in 2008 when a band of Christian runners/walkers formed a group to share exercise and the beauty of God that they saw while they were running. The group participates in twice weekly runs, and the 2010 Race to the Rocker will be their 2nd annual event. Big River Running Company will provide timing equipment for the race.
Dan Sanazaro, owner of the Route 66 Fanning Outpost General Store, who conceived of the giant rocker as a means of attracting travelers to his gift and convenience store and adjoining archery and taxidermy center, sees the event as a way to celebrate the birthday of the rocker, erected on April 1, 2008.
"This is a way for us to celebrate the rocker and help give back to the community," states Sanazaro. Sanazaro applied to the Guinness organization to achieve official recognition for the rocker.
The race t-shirt features the distinctive rocker, and the race's goal will be what JOG,inc. stresses in their written guidelines when they encourage members "to run, walk, be healthy, and have fun."
This promises to be a fun run with a little extra pizzazz for runners and viewers alike.
To register online visit, www.GetMeRegistered.com under March events. Or contact Rachelle Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 573- 881-1581. For information on Cuba, visit cubamochamber.com.
Address: Cuba, MO 65453 , Cuba, Missouri
|30 - 4||
Annual Crawford County Fair
- A community event for the entire family, featuring rides, 4-H projects, a flower show, demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, livestock shows, demonstrations, and live entertainment by national artists. Championship Bull riding Friday and Sat. evenings. Enjoy the queen, prince and princess contests. A parade along old Route 66 kicks off the three-day event. Always the third weekend in July.
For ticket information and advanced sales link to info is in "Fee" area below.
Address: Hood Park, Hood Dr. , Cuba, Missouri
Let Freedom Ring Fireworks Display
- Spend the day at Hood Park enjoying activities for every member of the family. In the evening, the City of Cuba presents a spectacular fireworks display. 11 a.m.-Dusk.
Address: Hood Park , Cuba, Missouri
Indian Lake Car Show and Bar B Q
- Our annual car show is set beside Indian Lake. Come join us or enter your car for the show. We will have a bar b q lunch available and a good family time.All proceeds go to the Indian Lake Booster club and help with projects around the lake.
Address: Indian Hills Drive ia Indian Lake , Cuba, Missouri
|9 - 10||
Annual Cuba Fest
- Cuba Fest features a taste of Cuba, a chili cook-off, crafts, a street dance, storytellers, school band and wine tasting. 9 a.m.-11 p.m.
Address: Cuba Historical District , Cuba, Missouri
Annual Chili Cook-Off
- The chili cook-off winner receives silver spoon. Proceeds support the Route 66 mural project. 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Address: Smith and School Streets , Cuba, Missouri
|20 - 28||
Winter Wonder Land Drive Thru Lighted Display
- Annual Lighted drive-thru includes more than 50 individual displays.
Address: Hood Park , Cuba, Missouri
Cuba Arts Council Christmas Memories
- Christmas Memories is a compilation of area resident's stories of Christmas pasts, set to song and dance.
Address: Recklein Auditorium Smith & School Sts , Cuba, Missouri
Annual Christmas House Tour
- Annual Christmas House Tour Wonderful decorated 7 homes. Each has a special display of Christmas.
Address: Cuba Area , Cuba, Missouri