Next to the Currituck County Courthouse sits the original Currituck Jail. This jail was built after receiving legislative permission in 1767, burned down in 1808, then was rebuilt in 1857 and is one of the four oldest jails in North Carolina.
The jail is a Jacobean brick building 32' X 20', with a thirty-two inch brick wall.
Currituck County's original courthouse was constructed in the early 1700s. The building was replaced in 1840 and remodeled in 1898. Today, the Historic Courthouse houses the County's governmental administrative offices.
Come visit us in Currituck, North Carolina