Movies. The name conjures up an era of innocence watered by cold soda pop and fertilized by the smell of hot, buttered popcorn. It recalls the excitement of a well-shaven hero, a beautiful virtuous heroine, and the happy memories of yesteryear.
In 1992, this patriotic memorial to the veteran's of all wars was dedicated on the front lawn of the Adair County Courthouse.
"Lest We Forget" those men who made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the peace and security of their fellow man.
After Governor Charles N. Haskell's declaration on May 6, 1910, that Stilwell was the permanent county seat of Adair County, the county records were moved from Westville to Stilwell for the last time.
A two-story frame school building, erected in 1902, was used until 1908