A bronze statue by Jasper D'Ambrosi commemorates the 1875 - 1885 Texas cattle drives to Dodge City. The sculpture represents longhorns who emerged as leaders and led many drives up the dusty trail from Texas. Coronado'
Built in 1881, the Mueller-Schmidt House is the oldest Dodge City house still standing on its original site, and remains Ford County's "Home of Stone," A Cattleman's Mansion.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it was built with 21
Both civilians and soldiers were buried in the military cemetery. The saying then was "the rich are buried at the Fort and the cowhands and poor are buried on Boot Hill or gone to "hell." Friends and family buried Marshal Ed Masterson, Bat's brother, at Fort Dodge in 1878