LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Indian Treaty Site

A marker commemorates where two important trails intersected on the prairie - Detroit to St Louis and Peoria to Terre Haute. In 1765

Paris, IL Historic Sites

North Arm

North Arm is the oldest continuously operating Catholic church in the Springfield diocese. Founded in 1817 by 17 families from Kentucky, the journey was blessed by Fr. Theodore Badin, the first Catholic priest ordained in the U.S. The current church was built in 1901

Paris, IL Historic Churches


Vance Park

Opposite the art center and adjcent to City Hall, Vance Park is an extensively landscaped sunken garden featuring a serpentine brick wall from Thomas Jefferson's design at Charlottesville and lions'

Paris, IL Gardens

Things to do Historic Courthouses near Paris, IL

Edgar County Courthouse

This elegant 1893 brick and stone building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places....

Effingham County Courthouse

The current Effingham County Courthouse was built in 1871 after Effingham was named the county seat. An earlier 1850's courth...

Historic Montgomery County Courthouse

Circa. 1858, the Montgomery County Courthouse was the site of "The World Needs God" sign....

Livingston County Courthouse

On the square in downtown Ponitac, the courthouse was built in 1875 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Pla...

Moultrie County Courthouse

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995, many murals depicting industry and many documents are on d...