The original site of the first county seat of Jones County from 1840-1847 includes 12 buildings, with an original log cabin, schoolhouse, church, depot and blacksmith shop. New buildings house authentic documents, pictures, furniture, equipment and artifacts of the past. Special activities are held on Edinburgh Day (the Sunday before Labor Day weekend).
Hours: 1-4 Sun., May-Sep., or by appointment
Address: County Home Rd. between Jones Co. X44 and Iowa 38
Come visit us in Scotch Grove, Iowa