This is the oldest congregation in continuous existence in South Carolina. The Presbyterian Church was designed by a Charleston architect in 1830 and replaced the original building erected in 1710. The beautiful Classic Greek Revival architecture reflected the prosperity of the Edisto planters. The Presbyterian congregation was reputed to be one of the wealthiest in the Low Country. This structure has survived enemy occupation and hurricanes and is considered one of the most beautiful churches in the low country. It has a large graveyard with many fine monuments dating from 1785.
Address: 2164 Highway 174
Edisto Island,SC 29438
Phone: (843) 869-2326
Come visit us in Edisto Island, South Carolina