The El Dorado Missouri-Pacific Depot began as a wooden structure in 1883 in a town of less than 2,000 people. It served as a center of activity and development for the community with news being brought in by train and other news transferred by the telegraph located at the depot.
The historic Butler County Courthouse was built in 1909. Its Romanesque Style was designed by famed architect, George P. Washburn. Its terrazzo floors are still intact and reflect its elegant history.
The first woman jury in Kansas met here in 1912.
The El Dorado Broncos are the summer collegiate baseball team in El Dorado. The team plays a 50-plus game schedule during June, July and August. They play all of their home games at McDonald Stadium in El Dorado.
The team moved to El Dorado in 1996