The Gridley Christian Church was first organized about 1890 as a Disciples of Christ Christian Church. Services were held in the building that housed Bahr Hardware. In the summer of 1895, the Burlington Independent reported on the front page that \"
In 1872, a group of settlers from Boston, Massachusetts, settled two and one-half miles south of Gridley and formed a village called Bangor. A schoolhouse was erected and preaching services were held there regularly. In 1866
Gridley City Lake was built as a 33 acre water supply for the city in 1956, and was used as such until 1990, when the lake became inadequate and a new water supply was obtained. The lake was drained and restructured in 1995